Lezyne Micro Drive 500 vs Light & Motion Nip/Vis E

Singer9220

Region
Canada
I'm looking to add a 6V headlight to a Giant Momentum bike for commuting on roads and unlit paved trails. I think 500 lumens is probably sufficient for my needs (my current light goes up to 200 lumens but I almost always run it at 70). I can get the Lezyne Micro Drive 500 with fork mount and the Light & Motion Nip/Vis E with handlebar mount for about the same price in Canada. Is there any significant difference between these lights? Thanks!

I have had the L&M and it was not bad not really enough for fully dark roads though. ut that may be me. but it worked well and had been reliable.

Is 500 lumens really enough for those unlit trails?

I sometimes ride night laps in a poorly lit neighborhood where oblivious "ninjas" (pedestrians in all-dark clothing) often stroll after dark. Lacking sidewalks, they meander all over the streets with zero situational awareness.

After a very close call with 2 elderly ninjas using my stock headlight (400 lumens, I think), added a 2,000 lumen headlight to my handlebars. Big improvement, but still wish I could detect ninjas farther ahead.

Back