Level 2020

I have got a couple hundred miles on a new Level - it is my first ebike. Enjoying it very much. Did 20 miles this morning out in the countryside around Eugene, and the hills are no longer intimidating (or deal-breaking).

No problems yet. I'm learning how to better use the PAS. The highest PAS levels deplete the battery quickly (esp on hilly rides), but I'm learning how to better conserve the battery during longer rides by riding in a low PAS more of the time (choosing to cruise at 18-20 mph instead of 28 on the flats). It is a pretty heavy bike, so getting around without PAS (or with a depleted battery) would be daunting. The gearing is effective, and I've hardly used the throttle at all.

It arrived with a problem front axle, but Aventon's customer service sent a replacement immediately, and their local representative here in Eugene took care of it right away. :)

Just purchased the level today, I chose it because of the review at the EBR site as one of the affordable level 3 ebike, and because of the EBR review on YouTube. I am a first time ebike buyer, and with the hydraulic brakes, sealed magnet sensor, and a better than average gearing. I also like the thinner tires for less drag, and puncher resistance. Also, you can ride it without the key in the battery compartment. I hope I made a good choice, only time will tell. I think I will enjoy it more than a mini because I like to streach my legs while riding.
-Tom

I'm continuing to very much enjoy mine after 4 months. No regrets whatsoever - all running smoothly. I am cruising rural roads with a good amount of up and down for 20-25 mile rides, and the Level, my first ebike, has removed the intimidation (and hesitation) that those hills used to create. Still get a decent workout, but much more on my own terms.

Hello: I am 81 years old and not feeling guilty about an ebike at all, I get all the exercise
I need and want and get to cruise up hills with ease. This is my first ebike. A word of
caution about getting it wet, I posted the other day about what happened to mine
while transporting back home in a big rain, it is out of commission now, nothing works
and the display panel is frosted over and no function from pedal assist, no nothing, I
emailed Aventon a few days ago, I hope they get caught up and get back to me soon.
I have not found anyone else on this forum that has had that kind of trouble.

Attachments

• DSCN1815.JPG
    DSCN1815.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 380
Can any one please tell me what the dementions of the battery in inches are, because I want to buy a 2nd battery, and need to know what size case to buy, so I can carry on the rack.
Thanks,
Tom

Hi Thomas, there are multiple angles on the battery. I’m thinking that you are better off contacting Aventon or the battery manufacturer. Their name is stamped on the case. Good luck.

Hello: I am 81 years old and not feeling guilty about an ebike at all, I get all the exercise
I need and want and get to cruise up hills with ease. This is my first ebike. A word of
caution about getting it wet, I posted the other day about what happened to mine
while transporting back home in a big rain, it is out of commission now, nothing works
and the display panel is frosted over and no function from pedal assist, no nothing, I
emailed Aventon a few days ago, I hope they get caught up and get back to me soon.
I have not found anyone else on this forum that has had that kind of trouble.
UPDATE----Thumbs up for Aventon, they sent me a new display unit and everything
is working great, thanks Aventon. (7-20)

Bought a Level for my son and he really likes it. Two things I would change. Add dropper seat post and the ability to start the bike with the throttle. Neither one a deal breaker but be mindful of which gear you stop in if facing uphill.

Welcome Billy, the Level is a nice bike for the money. Always remember that there is no such thing as the perfect bike. After a while your son will get used it it and be very happy with it. Before coming to a stop, gear down, so that When starting up it will be easier to pedal. Another thing is to push off before starting to pedal. Good luck.

Can any owners describe the build process on this particular model when they received it. EBR's Pace review indicated more work is needed to build the bike out of the box than other brands. I'm interested in this model, have basic handyman skills, but have never put a bike together.

Hey Eu224. I bought three different bikes within a few weeks and assembled each. The Level was pretty strait forward to assemble. Helps if you have have a stand or maybe another pair of hands.

Back