Level 2, how can I raise my handle bars 2-3 inches?

riplipper

Region
USA
What have others done and how did you do it.
I will probably have to lengthen my front break cable as well.
And, while I am at it, the grips......has anyone replaced them with something more comfortable.
thanks.

And, while I am at it, the grips......has anyone replaced them with something more comfortable.
thanks.

I bought new handlebars and grips and am in the same boat. I was going to buy a Redshift stem but will have to remount the front light on Level 2, so I am holding off. Will probably change the bars and grips this weekend. Let me know if you try Foofs stem riser idea...

Thanks for the replies guys.
Yeah, I like the adjustable, but I think I would rather not have to move the headlight if I don't have to.
I am assuming our stock stem is 1/1/8" diameter???
And did you guys have to get a longer front brake cable?
Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Yeah, I like the adjustable, but I think I would rather not have to move the headlight if I don't have to.
I am assuming our stock stem is 1/1/8" diameter???
And did you guys have to get a longer front brake cable?
Thanks again.
I'm going to add new handlebars with more sweep and a little raised and hope my cables are long enough. I also bought new grips. The stock grips look nice but are not super comfortable when cruising more than a few blocks...

thanks.
You can get one of this type of handlebar adjustment stems, allows to to adjust the angle and sweep back you want.
Amazon.com

You can get one of this type of handlebar adjustment stems, allows to to adjust the angle and sweep back you want.
Amazon.com
I've seen those. I have added Redshift stems to a few bikes. Level 2's stem includes the mount for the headlight. If you change out the stem you need to relocate the light...

Attachments

• Level stem.jpg
    Level stem.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 110
I'm going to add new handlebars with more sweep and a little raised and hope my cables are long enough. I also bought new grips. The stock grips look nice but are not super comfortable when cruising more than a few blocks...
What grips did you end up getting. I am thinking of these from cycling deal
1698411666349.png

Just received my Lerway post extender and will not work without getting a longer brake cable.
Nothing is ever easy. 🤪

@riplipper, With inline barrel adjusters you don't need all new housings. Just add six inches to each side and run longer cable inside. Easy.

What grips did you end up getting. I am thinking of these from cycling deal
View attachment 165452

I got these in all black.

Oh, in that case the easiest way is to buy pre-bled levers and calipers of the correct length. They will need to be externally routed. They are not all that expensive and it makes for much less labor.

Oh, in that case the easiest way is to buy pre-bled levers and calipers of the correct length. They will need to be externally routed. They are not all that expensive and it makes for much less labor.
I just looked at my Level 2 and the front brake is not internally routed, just wrapped up with the binding tape the ebike builders use and looks pretty easy to change out. The rear brake on the other hand, is internally routed and might be more challenging of a fix. I would consider replacing my front brake as it is still real noisy when I apply a good stop. I have tried several times to bed the front brakes but it's still super loud.

Attachments

• Front .jpg
    Front .jpg
    273 KB · Views: 85
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 82
For the front, how about cleaning the rotor with acetone and isopropyl, and using multi-metallic pads?

Pour some right between the pads and wipe the rotors. And work them rolling the bike. I expect a lot of black gunk will come off onto a paper towel.

I ended up buying longer brake line and a flush kit for about 25 bucks amazon. Little work but now the Lerway extender gave me about 3.5 inch rise.

Back