Lectric XP controller issues ?

Nima

Hello,

I am on my 2nd Controller for my Lectric XP bike (9 month ownership, 5 month actual use ... 400 miles). I am not an extreme user, the bike simply shows a E-009 code and the engine stops (happened both times when I was riding uphill and the controller never recovered. I am waiting for my next controller in the mail from Lectric folks) --

Anyone else seeing issues with these controllers ? (Brushless Moter Controller Model: X031-AB001B)

Regards,

Nima

Thank you ! Yes I did these checks first time my controller went out. Everything looked fine.

Hello,

I am on my 2nd Controller for my Lectric XP bike (9 month ownership, 5 month actual use ... 400 miles). I am not an extreme user, the bike simply shows a E-009 code and the engine stops (happened both times when I was riding uphill and the controller never recovered. I am waiting for my next controller in the mail from Lectric folks) --

Anyone else seeing issues with these controllers ? (Brushless Moter Controller Model: X031-AB001B)

Regards,

Nima

Just curious if the controller issues are happening with XPs whose owners have modified them to go from 20 to 28? I am hesitant to monkey with the settings at this point and have been perfectly happy going 20 mph...

My only issue is that it stopped goin g to 28mph , when I first got the bike and changed the programming it went to 28mph now the best I can do is 24 mph. The Lectric tech claim it can only do that in PAS 5 while peddaling but that is not true and several people have confirmed they got to 28 on throttle only.

That makes me wonder if they had a slight downgrade or tailwind? It doesn’t take much of either to change a few mph.

Hello,

Regards,

Nima
So I have had my bike for about 6 weeks and have about 125 miles on it. About a week ago all of a sudden I had a similar issue where the motor cut out as I was on an incline and I got an E009 then an E007 error code. I was peddling with PAS and also using throttle but it was not working correctly. I contacted Lectric and they ran me through a checklist. As soon as I get into the controller area it was evident that not one or two but actually three separate connectors were loose or not connected right. Once I made the proper connections everything has returned to normal. One of the snap connectors looked like it was connected but it was actually loose. I would suggest that you recheck these connections and also make sure they don't loosen up when putting everything back in the controller bay. Good luck!

So I have had my bike for about 6 weeks and have about 125 miles on it. About a week ago all of a sudden I had a similar issue where the motor cut out as I was on an incline and I got an E009 then an E007 error code. I was peddling with PAS and also using throttle but it was not working correctly. I contacted Lectric and they ran me through a checklist. As soon as I get into the controller area it was evident that not one or two but actually three separate connectors were loose or not connected right. Once I made the proper connections everything has returned to normal. One of the snap connectors looked like it was connected but it was actually loose. I would suggest that you recheck these connections and also make sure they don't loosen up when putting everything back in the controller bay. Good luck!
Thank you, for that suggestion, I will look into that.

Just wondering. Is it a defect or are you throttling only uphill?

I was peddling uphill (no throttling) - PAS 5, but I was not speeding at all ~4miles/hr as I was going uphill. This happened both times and I am now on my 3rd controller ! The quality of the 3rd controller is questionable as well , at PAS2 it is driving me up to 18miles ! the last one, I had was very precise with each PAS level - PAS2 up to 10Miles, PAS3 up to 15, PAS4 up to 20, etc. but not this one ... I am too scared to fuss with it as I dont' want to wait another 5 weeks for a new controller (Lectric Support quality has gone down ever since they became popular). So I am avoiding steep hills for now !

I was peddling uphill (no throttling) - PAS 5, but I was not speeding at all ~4miles/hr as I was going uphill. This happened both times and I am now on my 3rd controller ! The quality of the 3rd controller is questionable as well , at PAS2 it is driving me up to 18miles ! the last one, I had was very precise with each PAS level - PAS2 up to 10Miles, PAS3 up to 15, PAS4 up to 20, etc. but not this one ... I am too scared to fuss with it as I dont' want to wait another 5 weeks for a new controller (Lectric Support quality has gone down ever since they became popular). So I am avoiding steep hills for now !
You might want to change your freewheel to an 11-34T it will give you a lower first gear and make those uphills more manageable. I am starting to see that these bike motors do not have the torque for uphill. They certainly were not geared properly for anything other than flat ground. In high gear, I still have a little resistance when I pedal so its not like ghost pedaling. I found a paper that has the breakdown of the Page settings. This is supposed to be what the P0 settings are supposed to be at. I am playing with some of the settings to see if I can improve the performance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-05 Lectric XP electric bike setting adjustments and range estimate.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-05 Lectric XP electric bike setting adjustments and range estimate.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,091
Just curious if the controller issues are happening with XPs whose owners have modified them to go from 20 to 28? I am hesitant to monkey with the settings at this point and have been perfectly happy going 20 mph...
I modded my bike right away to allow "28mph" and now have over 2300kms without any problems.

I modded my bike right away to allow "28mph" and now have over 2300kms without any problems.

I probably should post this in new member/intro tred, however now after 78 miles and 10 days with my bike, here are my 1st impressions:

1. The bike is fantastic. I was baking and cooking my way into a Covid 19 slug and the XP has got me into a new routine.
2. Once the bike shop put the slime in both tires, my picking up little thorns and running out air days appear to be in the rear mirror. (knock on wood)
3. My tail bone is a bit tender. I purchased the Satori shock/suspension and the Gitty Up seat and it still seems a bit of a stout ride. ( I may order Cloud 9 and compare and also spend more for a better seat post)
4. I have all the power I need to get up inclines and hills in PAS 3 and 7th gear. (I rarely change out of 7th gear) Most if not all of my riding is around town, to the golf course and back etc..
5. So far I have purchased the aforementioned seat and post, the Rock Bros Bike Rack Bag, Kryptonite U lock with 4ft cable, rear view mirror, bell, water bottle holder, tire pressure guage, pump, and assorted other tools and must haves that have been mentioned on these forums.

I'm sure like most of you, as a new owner I have been obsessed with mods and figuring out a way to improve the ride and safety etc-sure beats watchin the news! (Baking peach cobbler later today!)

Happy Trails,

Taylor

I probably should post this in new member/intro tred, however now after 78 miles and 10 days with my bike, here are my 1st impressions:

1. The bike is fantastic. I was baking and cooking my way into a Covid 19 slug and the XP has got me into a new routine.
2. Once the bike shop put the slime in both tires, my picking up little thorns and running out air days appear to be in the rear mirror. (knock on wood)
3. My tail bone is a bit tender. I purchased the Satori shock/suspension and the Gitty Up seat and it still seems a bit of a stout ride. ( I may order Cloud 9 and compare and also spend more for a better seat post)
4. I have all the power I need to get up inclines and hills in PAS 3 and 7th gear. (I rarely change out of 7th gear) Most if not all of my riding is around town, to the golf course and back etc..
5. So far I have purchased the aforementioned seat and post, the Rock Bros Bike Rack Bag, Kryptonite U lock with 4ft cable, rear view mirror, bell, water bottle holder, tire pressure guage, pump, and assorted other tools and must haves that have been mentioned on these forums.

I'm sure like most of you, as a new owner I have been obsessed with mods and figuring out a way to improve the ride and safety etc-sure beats watchin the news! (Baking peach cobbler later today!)

Happy Trails,

Taylor

I had the same issues with the seat and post, I bought the zoom post and sent my Giddyup seat back and now have the cloud 9 it's not perfect but hoping my tush toughens up a bit. I found for someone that has moderate hills and mostly flat riding this is a great bike.

Hello,

Regards,

Nima
Could be an issue with the motor when it's maxing out on watts and straining it might be spiking the controller. Could be an unresolved issue so to speak before your warranty runs out. Maybe talk to Lectric and get some Ohm readings from the motor could be a bad winding under strain.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issues with the seat and post, I bought the zoom post and sent my Giddyup seat back and now have the cloud 9 it's not perfect but hoping my tush toughens up a bit. I found for someone that has moderate hills and mostly flat riding this is a great bike.

How springy is the zoom post? I am 160lbs and the Satori is very stiff. I have tried to loosen to the softest level, but it's still barely compresses on bumps. I see the Thudbuster for $160 and a few others at $250ish. It would be nice to find a shock/seatpost designed for humans under 200lbs no?

How springy is the zoom post? I am 160lbs and the Satori is very stiff. I have tried to loosen to the softest level, but it's still barely compresses on bumps. I see the Thudbuster for $160 and a few others at $250ish. It would be nice to find a shock/seatpost designed for humans under 200lbs no?
The zoom post is very springy it's adjustable on the bottom of the post to make it tighter and at the top of the post, there is a collar that loosens up as well. I am a big guy 340 and it does help plus the cloud nine seat has springs.

I bit the bullet and ordered the Suntour SP12 from Amazon for 122 including shipping and it will be here Friday. The same post from Aliexpress was 86 including shipping but would not get here until 8-22...

I lucked out on the zoom post it was $13 from the Walmart website. Now the list for anywhere from $40 to $60. Let us know how the post does.

The Suntour NCX SP12 is fully adjustable to whatever your weight and style of riding demands. If you soften it up too much it moves so much that the bike feels like it is coming apart in the middle.

Back