Lectric finally selling a larger battery for to 1 and 2.0.

The Lectric site did not show the claimed 20% discount for current XP2.0 owners for the long range battery... Tried to call and ask about it...but after 30 minutes of on hold guitar solo, I gave up and placed my order and followed up with an email asking "how do I get my refund?"
I'll update when I get a response from Lectric.

I'm probably gonna go with the Ali express version with th LG cells for @200 shipped.
500 dollars before the discount is way too much.. even at 400. its asking a lot... Are these "Namebrand"cells?
I see no info on the the specs for this battery on their site!
Not Racer approved if you ask me!!

If you buy a new bike with the battery upgrade it’s $200 more than the $999 price but if you already have a bike (I bought mine in May) it’s $400 more? Wait, what? That’s quite a thank you from the company!

Yeah....but with the new bike you don't get the $400 battery AND the $299 battery. If you order the long range battery for your existing bike, you'll have two batteries and even more range if you carry the second one with you.
Kinda like the Premium which comes with two batteries for a mere $1799....
GOTHEDISTANCE is the promo code.....by the way.... Although I do agree that $400 (includes $100 discount) seems like a lot for a dang battery...

The Lectric site did not show the claimed 20% discount for current XP2.0 owners for the long range battery... Tried to call and ask about it...but after 30 minutes of on hold guitar solo, I gave up and placed my order and followed up with an email asking "how do I get my refund?"
I'll update when I get a response from Lectric.
I had no problem applying the discount to two batteries today. You have to enter the promo code GOTHEDISTANCE at checkout and it will deduct $100 per battery.

Terrific news.

As for alternative sources, there are YouTube websites that have tested a great many 18650 cells and discovered that many Chinese-sourced cells are absolute junk, with actual ratings far below the claimed number. I seem to recall that LG, Sony, Panasonic are trusted brands, but they are expensive cells and have been counterfeited. Just now I see quality 3,500mAh protected cells going for $10, so just the cell cost for a Lectric battery pack could be $500+ (13 by 4 18650 cells). I would be very curious about a cheap "LG" battery...

EDIT: A small point, perhaps, but our two Lectric XP 2.0 st bikes bought last November came with the 10.4 Ah packs, so the larger packs are 35% larger, not 46%. Still, a substantial improvement and something I've been expecting--one of their main competitors (Rad) has been selling 14 Ah packs for some time. An inferior ebike at a substantially higher price, in my view.

Last edited:
I finally was able to reach them on the phone this morning and ordered the new long range battery for my 2.0 S/T. I appreciate the discount and might not have bought it without the $100 off. I asked about a warranty and they say that there technically is none but they would help out for a year or so if necessary. This is the upgrade I wanted for my bike. They said to look for it in a week to 10 days (I am in Arizona).

Last edited:
When a battery costs 50% of the total cost of a bike...I'd sell the old bike ( I got $700 for my XP1 after posting it online less than a day)...and get a new bike with the bigger battery because putting $500 into a used (and often abused eBike) doesn't make a lot of sense because before long you'll be replacing the motor, tires, controller, etc, etc.

I'm probably gonna go with the Ali express version with th LG cells for @200 shipped.
500 dollars before the discount is way too much.. even at 400. its asking a lot... Are these "Namebrand"cells?
I see no info on the the specs for this battery on their site!
Not Racer approved if you ask me!!
Can you share a link for the $200 LG cell version? Thanks.

I'll dig it up...
However, that was a first read thru without too much follow up research, with anything it's a gamble.
I will say that if Lectric says they are using LG or better brands, I trust them.. They have been great!
But that's a chunk of change when my bike only costed 899.00 just over a year ago.
I'll shop around REAL hard before I give up that kind of dough...
Cheers Folks!

Back