Lectric Elite headlight

Dry Fork

Has anyone decided the Lectric Elite Headlight is just not that good?
I think I have. In the woods on tight trails the illumination is just not that broad and bright. It is narrow focused and I don't see any adjustment. My other bikes use a broad LED that may be better for my needs.

"Elite" is a marketing term that sounds good but in reality when they offer a "free" Elite headlight you say to yourself...wow, cool. But seriously there is nothing Elite about this headlight. If you need a good headlight that actually allows you to safely see where you are going, there are lots of aftermarket handlebar LED units worth having. The Lectric headlight units are really only useful for others to see you (and not to see where you are going). Big difference.

I'm also a fan of aux. handlebar mounted lights. If you go that route, consider one with an internal battery that will recharge via the USB port on the bike. In addition to being able to switch between bikes, these removeable lights can double as a flashlight should you have a breakdown at night. You can also leave them at home when riding during the day to save handlebar space and a bit of weight.

I use this one from Outbound Lighting:

I also bought extra mounts so swapping the light between bikes is a breeze. I also got a short USB cable and leave the light connected to the USB port on the bike. That way, it always stays charged.

I like the light on my Juiced RCS. Same connector as Lectric and it is smaller but better light. They are on back order.
I almost always have headlight(on my head) but I like the bike light because you never know what life brings you.
And I agree, the Lectric light might keep someone from hitting you right before you hit a light pole in a campground you could not see.
I don't think either Lectric I have has a USB port. Kinda wish they did.
Also I like Evo products. I will budget for that bike light. But I have an Evo Brooklyn handlebar with integrated basket. The stuff in the basket my block me beam unless I can front mount it on the basket. I'll work that out.

I like the light on my Juiced RCS. Same connector as Lectric and it is smaller but better light. They are on back order.
I almost always have headlight(on my head) but I like the bike light because you never know what life brings you.
And I agree, the Lectric light might keep someone from hitting you right before you hit a light pole in a campground you could not see.
I don't think either Lectric I have has a USB port. Kinda wish they did.
Also I like Evo products. I will budget for that bike light. But I have an Evo Brooklyn handlebar with integrated basket. The stuff in the basket my block me beam unless I can front mount it on the basket. I'll work that out.
I think almost 100% of Lectric eBike owners and potential buyers would prefer a working "brake induced" rear light and a good handlebar bell....over the let's be honest...LOUSY headlights they put on these eBikes.

I have tried to be gentle with me disappointment in this headlight. But I agree the light despite the advertizing moniker in not elite. The company has done so many great things. It's like "Oh yeah, we need a headlight". And I think this light is considered an upgrade option. The Xpeak is Lectric's adventure bike. An upgrade should be on the menu.

Back