LCD SCREEN CRACKED AND GOT WET

hogj69

Region
USA
I HAVE A KEQJSK E-BIKE. I WRECKED IT WHICH CAUSED THE LCD SCREEN TO SHATTER BUT THE BIKE STILL WORKED FONE. BUT WHEN I WASHED IT THE LCD SCREEN MUST HAVE GOT WATER IN IT BECAUSE I RODE IT 2-3 BLOCKS, SHUT IT OFF AND THEN THE BIKE WOULDN'T POWER ON. BUT THE HEADLIGHT AND HORN STILL WORKED. WHILE TRYING TO FIND THE FUSE I TOOK APART THE THING THAT THE BATTERY LATCHES ONTO. THE METAL PRONGS ON IT WHICH HOOK INTO THE BATTERY TOUCHED A PIECE OF METAL AND THREW SPARKS EVEN THOUGH THE BATTERY HAD BEEN REMOVED. NOW THE HEADLIGHT AND HORN DON'T WORK EITHER. DID I FRY THE CONTROLLER WHEN THE METAL PRONGS THREW SPARKS? I NEVER FOUND A FUSE SO MAYBE THE BIKE DOESN'T HAVE ONE? I ORDERED A NEW LCD SCREEN HOPING THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING AND MAKE THE BIKE RUN AGAIN. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAUSED THE HORN AND HEADLIGHT TO STOP WORKING AFTER THE PRONGS TOUCHED METAL AND SPARKED? I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT COULD HAVE SPARKED WHEN THE BATTERY HAD BEEN REMOVED.

I HAVE A KEQJSK E-BIKE. I WRECKED IT WHICH CAUSED THE LCD SCREEN TO SHATTER BUT THE BIKE STILL WORKED FONE. BUT WHEN I WASHED IT THE LCD SCREEN MUST HAVE GOT WATER IN IT BECAUSE I RODE IT 2-3 BLOCKS, SHUT IT OFF AND THEN THE BIKE WOULDN'T POWER ON. BUT THE HEADLIGHT AND HORN STILL WORKED. WHILE TRYING TO FIND THE FUSE I TOOK APART THE THING THAT THE BATTERY LATCHES ONTO. THE METAL PRONGS ON IT WHICH HOOK INTO THE BATTERY TOUCHED A PIECE OF METAL AND THREW SPARKS EVEN THOUGH THE BATTERY HAD BEEN REMOVED. NOW THE HEADLIGHT AND HORN DON'T WORK EITHER. DID I FRY THE CONTROLLER WHEN THE METAL PRONGS THREW SPARKS? I NEVER FOUND A FUSE SO MAYBE THE BIKE DOESN'T HAVE ONE? I ORDERED A NEW LCD SCREEN HOPING THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING AND MAKE THE BIKE RUN AGAIN. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAUSED THE HORN AND HEADLIGHT TO STOP WORKING AFTER THE PRONGS TOUCHED METAL AND SPARKED? I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT COULD HAVE SPARKED WHEN THE BATTERY HAD BEEN REMOVED.
The controller has several capacitors which store high voltage electrical charge after the battery is removed. They can discharge if shorted or connected to a ground. Yes you may have fried a controller component. Guess you'll find out when you install the new display. Depending upon your bike model, you may be able to access the controller and take a look to see if a component is fried. I did the same thing and fried a component on the internal controller of my Bafang BBSHD motor.

Thanks.your answer has been helpful. I got the new LCD display today. I hooked it up and the headlight and the horn work again but the motor has still has no power at all. Bike won't move and I can't even here the motor running so I think I fried something in the controller like you said. I guess I will inspect the controller to look for damage and then buy a new controller if I need to. Thanks again for your help. The sticker on my new LCD display says 36 volt but the description of it on the website said it works for 48 volt bike which is what mine is. So I'm thinking the problem is in the controller.

Thanks.your answer has been helpful. I got the new LCD display today. I hooked it up and the headlight and the horn work again but the motor has still has no power at all. Bike won't move and I can't even here the motor running so I think I fried something in the controller like you said. I guess I will inspect the controller to look for damage and then buy a new controller if I need to. Thanks again for your help. The sticker on my new LCD display says 36 volt but the description of it on the website said it works for 48 volt bike which is what mine is. So I'm thinking the problem is in the controller.
Yup, sounds like the controller.

Back