LBS wait time for service

Nxkharra

I just scheduled an appointment with my LBS for one year checkup/tune up, firmware update, and motor error message that I had couple of weeks ago (has not happened again).
This is for my 2020 Vado 5 which I purchased in Sept 2019 with almost 2,000 miles now (second motor in March 2020 and first motor had 1,300 miles)
I got an appointment for end of Sept.
do you have a long wait time to schedule an appointment with your LBS.
The good news for LBS is that due to recent events (covid, Tour de France) they are very busy selling and servicing bikes. Specially ebikes.

Yup, and then you hope you don't need any parts because it will be weeks before they show up. I can't wait until winter riding this year. Hoping the trail has a lot less congestion when it gets down to freezing and the bike shops can stock back up!

I just scheduled an appointment with my LBS for one year checkup/tune up, firmware update, and motor error message that I had couple of weeks ago (has not happened again).
This is for my 2020 Vado 5 which I purchased in Sept 2019 with almost 2,000 miles now (second motor in March 2020 and first motor had 1,300 miles)
The good news for LBS is that due to recent events (covid, Tour de France) they are very busy selling and servicing bikes. Specially ebikes.
We're 1-2 weeks out, I tell most folks 2 weeks so we can get it done faster if possible yet still have the flexibility if needed. Most other shops here in Oregon are 5-8 weeks out from what I've heard. Hardest part is the things you used to be able knock out at the drop of a hat simply aren't possible anymore both due to demand but also due to Covid making everything that much harder in retail.

My LeBS is working on appointment only, no face to face except for drop off/pick up. 4 days to respond to email, then drop off appointment was 8 days out, then a 4 day window to diagnose and figure out parts. THEN I get to find out how long for the actual warranty repair. Given current circumstances, it's probably close to best case scenario so far.

Big kudos to the other LBS who let me drop off my bike with no notice and took only 4 hours to confirm that the bike needed more than just clearing the Bosch error code and a firmware update.

It is off-season in Poland, and it is easier to get things done now. I was not waiting too long (2 working days) to get my Trance's wheels fixed at a good LBS. Yet, last May was a disaster. I was able to buy the Trance E+ while I was waiting for both my Vado and Lovelec serviced.

My LeBS is working on appointment only, no face to face except for drop off/pick up. 4 days to respond to email, then drop off appointment was 8 days out, then a 4 day window to diagnose and figure out parts. THEN I get to find out how long for the actual warranty repair. Given current circumstances, it's probably close to best case scenario so far.

Big kudos to the other LBS who let me drop off my bike with no notice and took only 4 hours to confirm that the bike needed more than just clearing the Bosch error code and a firmware update.

Everything is upside down, believe me I want to take care of folks as fast as possible. It does us no good to have a backlog! The more folks are riding the more they use things and need replacement due to use, thats the best because you're riding!

So, IF ever anything needs to be done that a LBS here in NJ can't get to for whatever reason, I may have to ship the bike to Brendon in Washington state or Stefan's LBS of choice in Poland! :)

if it is not electrical I now use a mobile bike service. schedule it and they come out and greased up my wheels and adjusted my hydraulic brakes so I did not need to bleed them yet.

if it is not electrical I now use a mobile bike service. schedule it and they come out and greased up my wheels and adjusted my hydraulic brakes so I did not need to bleed them yet.
Somebody mentioned that to me a few weeks ago, nothing around my area however

Must add that some parts are on back order. I had to wait few weeks for chain ring. There is no third party parts available for some of Vado parts.

Must add that some parts are on back order. I had to wait few weeks for chain ring. There is no third party parts available for some of Vado parts.

Makes for some extra caution when shopping for the next bike - keeping proprietary parts to a minimum.

I tried to buy few items from Specialized just to keep in case. They don’t sell some of the parts to consumers and dealers need to order for you (chain ring,...)

Back