LaFree E+1

Good for you!

We expect photos once you’ve gotten it. Preferably with the bike surrounded by lots of interesting scenery.

Hope you have lots of fun with it!

Congrats Sola Gratia! I have had mine several weeks. Got a flat the first time I was out with it. Had a Mr Tuffy lining installed and hopefully it protects the tires more. I feel a bit confined when riding. I can't get the seat back far enough or the seat high enough for my legs to extend. If I extend the post my feet a way too high off the ground. I have changed the handlebars a bit and that helps.

Enjoy your bike and be safe.

For those who are considering the LaFree E+1 (or 2)..............

I found this Review I had not seen before I purchased mine.

So I compared their review conclusions with my own personal experience.
They Tested the LaFree E+2, and I have the LaFree E+1.

All of their (few) minor criticisms are negated by the LaFree E+1
1. Occasional Dropped Chain LaFree E+2 ---- Carbon Belt on LaFree E+1 (Non Issue).
2. Lack of Integrated Lights on LaFree E+2 ---- Integrated Lights on LaFree E+1 (Non Issue).
3. They suggest it is for a "First Time ebike buyer" ----- I agree, BUT still excellent for the Experienced.

Ride On ! :cool:

I am adjusting to the E+1 a bit more each time I ride it.

Quote from Review!
  • What We Liked: The supreme comfort and stability on offer as well as the effortlessly silent assistance offered by the Yamaha drive unit.
I have yet to experience the "supreme comfort." It's not even close to the Specialized Como in comfort, for me that is. I should have bought the COMO. Local dealer has Specialized and Giant but not a dealer for E-Bikes.

Others have comment on the lack of space as well. I have added Bontrager blinking lights to the front and rear.

Hopefully the longer I use it the more I will like it. If not I will start all over again.

I am adjusting to the E+1 a bit more each time I ride it.

Quote from Review!
  • What We Liked: The supreme comfort and stability on offer as well as the effortlessly silent assistance offered by the Yamaha drive unit.
I have yet to experience the "supreme comfort." It's not even close to the Specialized Como in comfort, for me that is. I should have bought the COMO. Local dealer has Specialized and Giant but not a dealer for E-Bikes.

Others have comment on the lack of space as well. I have added Bontrager blinking lights to the front and rear.

Hopefully the longer I use it the more I will like it. If not I will start all over again.
That’s interesting. I found the LaFree to be considerably more comfortable than the Como. The dealer was going to have to raise the stem of the Como and find a suspension seat post for the Como to get it to match the LaFree’s comfort. I suspect different body dimensions may have something to do with the differences in our impressions.

Como is a beautiful bike. It just wasn’t as comfortable for my body geometry.

I’m a long way from a normal body. Built more like a gorilla. Long torso, long arms and short legs. Good physical condition and as proportional as possible. Must be other primate males riding LAFrees. I’m glad you are happy with yours. Just had second flat tire with mine.

Less than three weeks two flats. Mr. Tuffy liner was installed after the first flat and I still had one. I am glad I didn't go on a long trail ride.

Less than three weeks two flats. Mr. Tuffy liner was installed after the first flat and I still had one. I am glad I didn't go on a long trail ride.

Just curious, What are you getting the flats from.... ?

Just curious, What are you getting the flats from.... ?

Good question. The first one was a piece of glass. Don’t know yet another the latest one. All my riding has been in neighborhood. I am going to get new tires. I am researching now for stronger ones. Any suggestions.

Well, after much research I have ordered a new Giant LaFree E+1. It should arrive next week.

The LaFree just seemed to meet my needs the best. Simple, reliable, comfortable, great motor, good value; what more could a recreational rider need?
I have a new one and I love it! Enjoy yourself...you’ve made a great decision!

Back