Known Issues & Problems with Daymak Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Daymak as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I'd like to know if anyone has figured out if it's possible to program the 1/2/3 Speed limit switch with different profiles.

I'd like a 15mph limit mode for when I'm in a bike line and a unlimited mode for when I'm in the street with cars.

I have just purchased a new daymak ec1 advance. It worked for exactly 2 seconds before failing. The digital screen reads a flashing " Err 24".
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?
Terribly disappointed.

alright. heres the dilemma,. when i turn headlight on, i get no throttle, when i turn them off i get throttle, when i apply the brake , the dashlights come on, i am second owner to this bike, first owner bought it new in 2015, had a problem with it, not sure what, but when i got it this is what has been happening, any ideas? i have followed the wire harness and so far i have found 3 wires not connected, one wire conected to another wire for signals wich i dont think should be there at all, i am not new to ebikes , fixed many but this one has me stumped. ........:( any help on this would be great. thank you . update. .......i replaced the wire harness and all works fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the 123 speed switch won't show up on the display? Everything else lights up on the display except for the part that shows what speed is selected. Any ideas? I am driving the daymak kingston.

Recent experience with an EM3 was not great. I really enjoyed the bike but the batteries kept burning out. Eventually the store I bought it from refused warranty repair. #ebikeuniversenorth.

daymak 84v eagle deluxe....... ok i dont know if anyone has this problem or not. but . since i have gotten this bike 2 years ago. i have had nothing but trouble with the motors. been through 5 since i got it. and now needing
another one. this one is not even 4 months old and it is already done. great for 2 weeks then they all go the same way. first it starts off sounding like its rubbing on the inside. well i have checked and nothing rubbing at all. also replaced the bearings. that didnt help. checked the axle shaft and where the shaft has a nib on it. does not look damaged. now it wont even make it up the hill and it sounds real bad ....and it started grinding after that. no magnets are dislodged either. and nothing is in the motor to make this kinda sound. take it off load and it works just fine. i weigh approximate 150lbs. its a 500 watt motor. my dealer and i both think that these motors are unable to handle the 84v power going through them.....

nothing at all wrong with the hall sensors. or the coil. all have been checked . ebike has been givin back to the dealer as i have a new 2020 road warrior. the motors in the 2018 84v eagle deluxe 500 watt. cannot CANNOT Handle the wattage going through them.

Back