Known Issues & Problems with BULLS Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I had a display delaminate and Bulls was pretty good about warranty on that, and i was able to get my software updated at the same time.
I have found a lack in dealer support with bulls and i don’t want to drive 2.8hrs one way for warranty work so i finally sold my bulls And went with Fantic.
I have had two warranty issues an both where handled in 1 call and i had tracking number for replacement parts the same day.
Best part was all i needed was to send them photos of the part and i got he replacement.
Living over n hour away from closet bike shop that kind of service works well for me.
I don’t miss my Bulls bike I’m happy they gave me a reason to look at other bikes.
There a great bike but their dealer network and knowledge need improving.
But if you need support i reach out to Andy or Barney. There pretty good about getting back to you or helping you.

Thank you for responding, TntE3+ & OLDMANONABIKE.
Good to know. I'm torn because I really want to like the Bulls brand. The geometry of the AM4 is spot on for an mtb and the bike is also just a thing of beauty. But apparently a batch of 2018 AM 3's and 4's came out of the box with a faulty front ends (esp. noisy upon cornering at speed). the dealer said that Bulls USA would switch out the rims but the bike was returned to me about the same. Dealer himself sounded frustrated with Bulls. And that's not the first dealer who expressed dismay with Bulls. I wrote to Barney- no response thus far (wonder if it ever got to his inbox? ).

Supposedly, the CEO himself told the dealer that the problem was known to them.

It's clearly a "material defect" covered by the warranty. But there's no warranty, it seems. Shame on you, Bulls.

Today while trying to go up a hill, I heard a loud whining noise coming from the motor. It would not get me up the hill.
I had to turn around. I have no idea if the motor is bad or a belt issue. Now I have to bring my 2017 BULLS ESTREAM EVO 45 FS 27 28MPH
in for service and it's out of warranty I believe.
Anyone have any idea as to what it might be?
Thanks

In my case, it was the gears. I had a belt failure so I sent the motor to Germany for belt replacement but in replacing the belt they must have reassembled the motor incorrectly which resulted in the damage you can see from the photo forcing me ultimately to sell it as spare and purchasing a new motor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812_065323_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812_065323_com.whatsapp.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 572
In my case, it was the gears. I had a belt failure so I sent the motor to Germany for belt replacement but in replacing the belt they must have reassembled the motor incorrectly which resulted in the damage you can see from the photo forcing me ultimately to sell it as spare and purchasing a new motor.
Here in Europe, more often than not you're better off replacing an item rather than repairing it due mainly to labour costs and sheer incompetency on the part of some so called mechanics and engineers.

Closer photo of the damage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812_065312_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190812_065312_com.whatsapp.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 525
Speaking of clunking. My Brose motor on my Bulls Evo fs3 + mtb , chunks on initial start up every few pedal strokes. And then goes away. Any one else's doing this? Odd like the motor is missing a cog when cold.
My Brose T motor on a Sturmvogel has a snapping, cracking or popping sound when pedalling from a standstill. It sounds like a loose or worn bottom bracket. I have contacted Bull's USA and waiting for a reply. My concern is damaging the motor if I continue to ride the bike.

My Brose T motor on a Sturmvogel has a snapping, cracking or popping sound when pedalling from a standstill. It sounds like a loose or worn bottom bracket. I have contacted Bull's USA and waiting for a reply. My concern is damaging the motor if I continue to ride the bike.
My bulls mtb makes a sound when pedaling that sounds like tapping a drum stick on the edge of a drum set...its kinda a hollow musical tap. Comes and goes. Does this sound familiar?

My bulls mtb makes a sound when pedaling that sounds like tapping a drum stick on the edge of a drum set...its kinda a hollow musical tap. Comes and goes. Does this sound familiar?
I have found that the chain ring moves forward about 3 to 5 chain links when I stop pedalling. Then as I start pedalling again the slippage slack seems to be taken up in a hurry causing the snapping and cracking sound as the motor renegages. Obviously something is not properly tensioned inside the motor casing. This problem does not occur if the motor is not engaged when I stop pedalling. Will post more when I here from BULL's USA.

The past week my Bulls Evo E-Stream TR-2 has started to feel intermittently weak, and then all of a sudden the motor springs back with full power.
I'm used to riding the bike as I commute with it daily, and suddenly I started noticing that the power from the motor isn't consistent anymore and the
acceleration is less powerful that it's been before, as well as the top speed being lower.

If I'm riding on assist level 3 as I normally do, the bike actually feels more like its on level 2.

I can't hear any noise or tell that anything would be wrong other than by how the bike feels, but then again I have studded tires on now, so it's really hard to notice anything like that.
Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

I have a Bulls AM1 with a Bosch drive on the shop floor. I noticed the display cycling on and off repeatedly. The battery was pretty low so I thought charging might help. I plugged it in and it wouldn't charge. I plugged the bike into the diagnostic software and it wouldn't connect. I pulled the battery to charge it separate from the bike. Still no love. I happened to notice the button on the battery looked a little off center in the hole so unscrewed the 4 little screws that hold the metal protective plate to the battery. I connected the charger on the bench and it worked. What I found was that the plastic button would not line up properly and was holding the button on the battery down always. I cut the plastic button extension off and reassembled the battery and it works. The only possible issue is that someone with really fat fingers may have difficulty pushing the button. Fortunately on this bike there is no need to push the button on the battery because the display wakes the battery. The plastic button extension does not add any water resistance so that is not a concern.

Purchased an iconic evo 1 speed from a LBS, and on the first ride had the stem creaking anytime I put pressure on either side of the handlebars. This occurs with very little force, and is extremely annoying. I can see the stem is moving slightly when I do this. The LBS tried retightening and no luck. The LBS then swapped the stem out for another bike they had there, and it has the same problem. The LBS ordered replacements but seems like they are all going to have this problem. Anyone have this issue as well?

Purchased an iconic evo 1 speed from a LBS, and on the first ride had the stem creaking anytime I put pressure on either side of the handlebars. This occurs with very little force, and is extremely annoying. I can see the stem is moving slightly when I do this. The LBS tried retightening and no luck. The LBS then swapped the stem out for another bike they had there, and it has the same problem. The LBS ordered replacements but seems like they are all going to have this problem. Anyone have this issue as well?
I did have that problem and the bolts that tighten the stem to the steerer tube were loose. They are accessed on the side of the stem through the plastic cover. There is a torque spec printed on the cover. This vastly improved the issue, still an occasional creak but no where near as bad as it was.

I did have that problem and the bolts that tighten the stem to the steerer tube were loose. They are accessed on the side of the stem through the plastic cover. There is a torque spec printed on the cover. This vastly improved the issue, still an occasional creak but no where near as bad as it was.
I had some steering creaking on my Bulls Iconic EVO TR2 Speed, and solved it with the combination of checking or tightening any bolts or threads on the steering and handlebars, then spraying a light lube around the same areas. The creaking immediatly improved and over time is completely gone now.

Back