Known Issues & Problems with BTN Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from BTN as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I bought Eunorau bike from BTN based on EBR reviews and other you tube reviews. And this is the bike I wanted to purchase. 1000 watt mid drive with front suspension.
1. The issue is: The battery only charges up to 84%. But its really 100%. The problem is I'm only getting 15-18 miles a charge. When I'm using the bike and the charge gets low it will run in econo mode due to percentage showing low battery but in reality its 17% higher.
2. On October 7th 2019 they sent out message about this issue. They sold me this bike on November 20th from their Las Vegas warehouse. They knew of this issue but still sold bike to me. I did not know of this issue when purchasing.
3. Before selling bikes they need to test their bikes better.
4. This bike was programmed for 52V battery and their selling them with 48V batteries.
5. Their fix was to sell me a cable to program my controller myself. I bought thinking that it would be a quick fix. (Wrong)
6. Their instructions were to download and unzip files and load their software on my computer to make changes.
7. I read directions to fix my bike and noticed there were a lot of steps and not clear on some of them. They sent video but video was in Chinese.
8. I did the download and one of their files had virus.
9. I decided not to proceed with their software fix due to to many steps.
10. I asked BTN since bike was programmed to 52V. I'd send their 48V battery back and I'd receive 52V battery. They said no.
11. They need to improve customer service. I would have bought more bikes from them but they do not stand behind their product. I have no confidence in BTN trying to solve issues.
12. I would have paid a little more money for 52V battery swap. But not an option.

I'd love to hear from anyone else that has this issue and their fix.
I'm about ready to buy a 52V battery and spend another $600.00. I'm not sure if this will fix this issue.

You’ve got this all turned around. The problem was Bafang shipping controllers that were not 52v
compatible. Any controller that will run a 52v battery will run off a 48v battery. Out of the hundreds of support calls I’ve responded to and all my forum research I’ve never seen your problem. But as I posted in the BTN thread Bafang is known to throw curveballs.

So, please provide some multimeter readings, from the battery leads, when you think it’s 100%, and from the charger.

which display comes with the bike? After 18 miles what is the voltage from the battery leads?

Back