Known Issues & Problems with BH Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from BH as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I have an BH nitrco city easy motion.
image (4).png

image (3).png

The controller doesnt seem to be working anymore (the thing on the left side with 3 buttons). Sometimes the bike turns on as soon as i put the battery inside (and it goes 20km/h on it's own!)
I don't know if it's because of the battery or the controller. When i try to turn it off (hold off button) it doesnt turn off. The display stays on. When i press speed up, it doesnt do anything. Same for speed down.
The battery charges fine.

What does work is the throttle (gas padel). I can go 20km/h with this. Sometimes it only works when i hold the down button. Sometimes the throttle works when i hold the up button. Sometimes the throttle just works.
Sometimes the display shows it is on full speed (4 lines). Sometimes the dispaly shows it's on no assist (no lines). But when i press speed up, or speed down it doesn't do anything. The display stays the same.

I have two questions:

1. is the controller broken (small square with the 3 buttons)? Or the battery?

2. If the controller is broken, anyone know where i can buy one for not too much? Or someone has a spare controller he wants to sell?

I have one also don’t ride any more similar issues. I have found removing and reinstalling the wheel helped a couple of times, clean the contacts under the display , I used a pencil eraser, reconnect every pull apart plug, Disconnect the throttle and test ride disconnected

worth a shot

Thank you for your reply. I will try this. To be more specific, this is a video of the problem that occurs. When i turn the bike on (sometimes it turns on automaticly), i can't turn it off. When it does turn off it turns back on immidiatly. And the faster/slowers buttons don't seem to be responding.

I allready tried reinstalling the wheel, and reconnected all pull apart plugs.
That didn't help.

Ill try removing the display and clean the pins.

Did u try using the bike with the throttle disconnected?

do u get ant error codes?

Did u try using the bike with the throttle disconnected?

do u get ant error codes?
Yes i tried without the throttle connected. It still goes on it's own without help. Weird...

I sometimes get error codes but i don't think it's related. The problem also occurs when there is no error code.

Usually a restart resolves the error. I sometimes used to get code 17 and code 3.

I think the problem is that it seems to turn itself on all the time. I cannot turn the bike off when it's on. Sometimes when i hold the on/off button it turns off for 0.3 seconds, and then turns back on again automatically.

Back