Kiox locking problem

mike_hafryn

Hi all - I've just bought an eBike with a Bosch Kiox computer and have a couple of issues:

1) When replacing the Kiox in the bike holder it doesn't always make a proper connection - the left/right buttons that move between screens work fine but the up/down ones that alter the assistance level have no effect. It takes a bit of 'jiggling' of the Kiox to get it to connect properly so the assistance level buttons work.

2) Being slightly paranoid of having the bike stolen, I upgraded to Kiosk software to v2 and activated the 'Lock' function.
All was well for the first few days until I removed the bike battery for charging.
When I replaced the battery the Kiox refused to unlock even though the Kiox is visible in the eBikeConnect app, and the bike info is visible on the 'My eBike' tab.
If I tap on the 'Lock feature' all I get is a screen telling me that the Kiox needs to 'Attached to the handle bar' (it is) and 'Connected to this phone via Bluetooth' (it is).

Has anybody else had these issues and if so have you been able to find a solution as I now have a 'dead' bike. I have a support request in with Bosch but so far no reply and I'd really like to use the bike over the weekend.

Thanks!

Hey Mike,

It sounds as if there could be some missing connection occurring when you're installing the Kiox to its respective cradle. Would you be able to reply with picture of what your Kiox cradle looks like?

The symptoms you are having with the remote and lock function may be connected. Hoping we can get you a quick solution so you may ride this weekend.

-Stephen

IMG_4471.jpeg

Hi Stephen
Thanks for the reply, photo of the cradle is attached
Mike

Attachments

• 8B3CE840-3497-4BC9-B32E-98896FD4BB8F.jpeg
    8B3CE840-3497-4BC9-B32E-98896FD4BB8F.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 659
Mike,

One thing I would try in the eBike Connect app is to click on your Kiox under "My eBike" and remove it from the app. Then, follow the simple bluetooth pair process again to see if this will remedy the lock function.

Which model bike to you have?

Thanks Stephen
I’m hesitant to do this as I get the attached message- what are your thoughts?
i have tried ‘forgetting’ the Kiox in the Bluetooth settings on my phone then re-pairing a few times without success.

Attachments

• 2971C806-EE75-4304-A07B-2BD782F93028.jpeg
    2971C806-EE75-4304-A07B-2BD782F93028.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 449
Hi Mike,

Any chance you are near the dealer you purchased the eBike from, or any other Bosch-Certified dealer? This may be a matter of the OEM proprietary (non-Bosch) mount that is pictured allowing too much wiggle, or it may be software related (or both!) Without seeing it first hand, I'm not sure the exact path to recommend, but it may need some attention from a dealer.

If you'd like, please send me a PM with the details of your support request with Bosch, and I'll look into it on Monday when they reopen.

Thanks again Stephen
yes, my local dealer, whom I bought the bike from, is aware of the issue and they have contacted Bosch on my behalf. I’ll wait to see what they say on Monday.
Have a great weekend!
Mike

Mike,

I followed all of the prompts following the place that you reached on Friday which I have depicted with images below.

I successfully removed my Kiox from the eBike Connect App and and also forgot the device in my phone's bluetooth settings. I then successfully paired the Kiox device again through the eBike Connect App with the lock feature enabled and everything paired up again. It recognized my system and the enabled lock feature.

I wanted to check in with where this matter stood with you?

Attachments

• EB1.png
    EB1.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 984
  • EB2.png
    EB2.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 976
  • EB3.jpg
    EB3.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,590
Thanks for keeping in touch Stephen (and William!). I have deleted the Bluetooth connection several times without success so over the weekend I removed the Kiox from the app completely.

When I reinstalled the Kiox the 'lock' had cleared however the display is now saying the battery is at 0% charge (it's actually fully charged) and there's no control over the motor.

Yesterday morning I had an email from my local dealer to say that Bosch would not after all supply an unlocking PIN code and, if I was unable to remove the 'lock' there was nothing they could do. As I'd managed to remove the lock I took the bike to them, spoke to their techie and am now hoping for the best. The owner of the business seems to think it's a Bluetooth issue but I'm not so sure.

My position is that as the fault initially came about after I'd removed and replaced the battery for charging, and there was also the ongoing issue with the Kiox not sitting correctly in the cradle, then it's for Bosch to put right.

Any advice/ideas you may have would be appreciated - do you have any knowledge about Bosch issuing unlocking codes?

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike,

We are definitely here to help find the best solution for both ongoing issues, the lock function as well as the Kiox connection.

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

Which model bike do you have? (Asking in regards to the proprietary mount where the Kiox plugs in)
You mentioned connection issues prior to the lock issue--was this in regards to the remote connectivity you mentioned higher up in the thread?
Who is your local dealer?

Hey Mike,

Reading back through this thread, I'm thinking it is connectivity related, ie: Kiox not connecting well with drive unit, possibly due to the mount allowing wiggle. Same with remote issues.

I think the best best is to have your local dealer troubleshoot the physical connection. Bergamont is using their own Kiox mount on this bike, which may be the issue. Having your shop try a Bosch Kiox mount (if possible) may help narrow it down.

That being said, I noticed that you are in the UK. Stephen and I are part of the North American Service Team, so while we can share tech info and make some recommendations, we can't really speak for the UK team or their service process as some procedures may differ.

Let us know if you don't get any traction with the UK Bosch support, and we'll go from there.

Back