Kindernay observations and few questions for Pushkar

Honestly I think a lot of it is marketing. Stihl tools insist that you use their fuel additive which has a dye in it but it’s all the same.

The cost for 5 bottles of kindernay oil is 41 Euros, plus 69 Euros for shipping. $132 USD. I'm surprised there's no one in the US selling it so I'm not killed on shipping.

Awesome! You'll be the only source of it in the US so you'll find this bike building hobby you have sidelined as you sell that precious commodity.

Yes, unofficially we are able to put ~3500W through kindernay. If geared right, they are probably the strongest we have seen for hubs.
OMFG!!! Are you serious? That's incredible! I read the rest of this thread and it sounds like you are being cautious with Nm limits. When you have all your testing completed I'll be curious to see how this performs. I am so sick and tired of adjusting and re-calibrating my chain gearing that I want to go belt drive next...sounds like the Watt Wagons Hydra with Kindernay just took another step up from #1 to now "#1 with a gap to #2".

Yes although the primary market will be Ebikes for Watt Wagons, the secondary market for parts and supply can be profitable because it covers more customers that don't own Watt Wagons, but want to upgrade or build their own, he is building a sustainable model for success for the next 10 years, he just has to get through this parts shortage and delays afflicting the entire bike industry right now.

I see Kindernay VII is back ordered. Are you expecting delays on Helios as a result? I am anxiously awaiting ordering the Helios when it becomes available.

Thanks, I did find that out. I ordered a bleeding kit and Mineral oil as used for the Magura brake on Amazon :)
Still waiting for my Kindernay VII though ...

It would be great if the royal blood oil that is used with the Magura brakes would work for it too. I am 99% sure that it is mineral oil. Then one oil for both.
This doc (pages 10 & 16) from Kindernay explicitly confirms Royal Blood and Shimano mineral oil are compatible.

I know I'm late to the party here, but I figured this was info worth sharing given the availability/price of the Kindernay oil.

My Hydra just shipped with the 11 speed. Does anyone know of a good place to get a fully built kindernay wheel kit that would be plug and play for the Hydra as far as fit and I would just have to install the tire and shifter? I'm not wanting to try to build the wheel myself.

Thanks.

My Hydra just shipped with the 11 speed. Does anyone know of a good place to get a fully built kindernay wheel kit that would be plug and play for the Hydra as far as fit and I would just have to install the tire and shifter? I'm not wanting to try to build the wheel myself.

Thanks.
Have you tried to order directly through Kindernay? I just received 5 oil change kits from them, shipping was $85 from Norway though. Imo, the Kindernay VII is the finest gearing for Ebikes, and will be in short supply as demand for it goes through the roof.

Thanks.
May I ask when you ordered your bike and how much customization you did? I ordered one last month and am trying to get a feel for when mine might get shipped.
Thanks.

May I ask when you ordered your bike and how much customization you did? I ordered one last month and am trying to get a feel for when mine might get shipped.
Thanks.
I waited just over 3 weeks for the standard build with no mods.

Back