Kickstand solution for Easy Motion Neo Jumper?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys! As you know I used to own the 26" Neo Jumper and recently reviewed the 650B Jumper. Neither of these two bikes include kickstands, in part due to the rear suspension design and pivoting bottom bracket area. I feel like it should be possible to add one to the bike and I'be been studying the frame and searching for a solution.

The pictures below show how the chain stays and seat stays curve out as they get close to the dropouts at the rear (to accommodate the hub motor, disc brakes and cassette) which could make the kickstand stick out at an angle vs. parallel to the rest of the frame. Also, the seat stay and chain stay are wider than on normal bikes (likely to deal with the added forces of electric drive and the unsprung weight of the hub motor) which could make it incompatible with traditional after market solutions.

rear-wheel-easy-motion-neo-jumper.jpg curved-chain-stay-neo-jumper-ebike.jpg easy-motion-jumper-chain-stays.jpg

Any thoughts? I found several affordable rear-mount kickstands on Amazon but they all seemed to be designed to work with smaller tubes... It's hard to know how wide these can get without seeing in person.

Court,

Don't get that kickstand, it won't work we tried about 5 different ones and finally settled on one like the one pictured below, you need the square tube model.

21-aKSMizmL.jpg

It's not perfect, but I think it's the best you can get. I would recommend adding a velcro strap or something whenever you go on tougher trails to prevent it from popping down and causing you to hurt yourself on the trail.

I was gonna try this one, but none of my distributors had it and I couldn't wait for it as I needed it for a customer.

That's awesome Chris, thanks for your help! If you end up doing another one of these I'd love to hear about it, maybe see a picture with the velcro attachment. The second kickstand did look pretty nice, just sturdier and the matching white is cool.

Thanks Ravi, that looks similar to the white one Court was interested in so maybe he'll have to run the original one listed as my brother Kyle (our mechanic) was able to get it to work.

Not an Neo Jumper owner but I face a similar problem with my Giant XTC 2 mountain bike which I use for off-road touring. I haven't as yet come up with a solution but one option I am considering a quick-release style kick-stand which I appreciate will not work here or a Click-Stand. The Click-Stand might be an option if you are happy to have a stand that is not fixed to the bike.

click-stand-tent-pole-kickstand-for-bikes.jpg

Regards
Andrew

Wow Andrew! I've never heard of the Click-Stand or seen something like that. Brilliant solution! Light weight, inexpensive, completely portable since it folds up, uses existing technology... Truly innovative.

I'm going to make a short post about it in the Accessories category here. Thanks for sharing :D

Hi Scott,
Yes, you're right. This won't fit on the Jumper. One of the pictures on Amazon has dimensions marked on it and if you measure the tubing dia, you'll see it's much greater and squarer.

We have a kickstand that works made by a Manufacture called Ostand. I'll try to get details and a link. I'm out of the shop at the moment.

Hi Scott,
Yes, you're right. This won't fit on the Jumper. One of the pictures on Amazon has dimensions marked on it and if you measure the tubing dia, you'll see it's much greater and squarer.
Did you decide on a kickstand other than the one in your home? By the way, I was in D.C. last week and thought of all of the great places you have to ride. Of course, I'm not complaining. Palm Coast, FL has some awesome places to ride as well. I owe you some pics. I'll try to get those.

Did you decide on a kickstand other than the one in your home? By the way, I was in D.C. last week and thought of all of the great places you have to ride. Of course, I'm not complaining. Palm Coast, FL has some awesome places to ride as well. I owe you some pics. I'll try to get those.

Hey Scott,
I lived in Orlando (working at UCF) for about 4 months in 2009 and loved the place. I believe its even more beautiful in Palm Coast. You get almost 10 months of great weather and I would love to see your Neo Jumper parked next to some harley's on the beach :)
DC is a excellent place, although my school work drains my energy, I take a short weekend ride to DC and just hang around the National Mall area. I park my bike like this and enjoy the view from the Capitol building.

Capitol Building.JPG

Hey Scott,
I lived in Orlando (working at UCF) for about 4 months in 2009 and loved the place. I believe its even more beautiful in Palm Coast. You get almost 10 months of great weather and I would love to see your Neo Jumper parked next to some harley's on the beach :)
DC is a excellent place, although my school work drains my energy, I take a short weekend ride to DC and just hang around the National Mall area. I park my bike like this and enjoy the view from the Capitol building.

Ravi,

Very clever; the helmet stand! I went out to my garage and tried it and it works just fine. I even took a few minutes to send you a couple of pics of the bikes. While it is not a Harley or the Capitol building, I enjoy this view. ;-) Thanks, pal!

Scott

View attachment 985
photo-bikes-1.JPG photo-bikes-2.JPG

Back