Katy Trail in Mo

J ray

We started 6 of us at the katy roundhouse park in New Franklin Mo and rode the first day 30 miles what a beautiful ride along the Mo river, the second day we rode the other way. We moved to the city park at Herman Mo and rode the katy trail for another 30 miles this was my favorite ride along the Mo river with lots of high bluffs and the roaring river stopped at different area to eat our lunch. The last day was the best and we rode along the Katy Trail stopping at different wineries off the trail our bikes are specialized 2.0 E bikes so glad we did it. 3985939860

We started 6 of us at the katy roundhouse park in New Franklin Mo and rode the first day 30 miles what a beautiful ride along the Mo river, the second day we rode the other way. We moved to the city park at Herman Mo and rode the katy trail for another 30 miles this was my favorite ride along the Mo river with lots of high bluffs and the roaring river stopped at different area to eat our lunch. The last day was the best and we rode along the Katy Trail stopping at different wineries off the trail our bikes are specialized 2.0 E bikes so glad we did it.View attachment 39859View attachment 39860

The Katy Trail is fabulous. Rode it some years ago, before ebike, on my touring/road bike. At that time the trail was crushed rock of some sort but my tires handled it just fine. We had a wonderful time.
Did your entire group have ebikes?

The Katy Trail is fabulous. Rode it some years ago, before ebike, on my touring/road bike. At that time the trail was crushed rock of some sort but my tires handled it just fine. We had a wonderful time.
Did your entire group have ebikes?

Yes 4 of us had specialized 2.0 the others had a different type that folded up

We started 6 of us at the katy roundhouse park in New Franklin Mo and rode the first day 30 miles what a beautiful ride along the Mo river, the second day we rode the other way. We moved to the city park at Herman Mo and rode the katy trail for another 30 miles this was my favorite ride along the Mo river with lots of high bluffs and the roaring river stopped at different area to eat our lunch. The last day was the best and we rode along the Katy Trail stopping at different wineries off the trail our bikes are specialized 2.0 E bikes so glad we did it.View attachment 39859View attachment 39860

When you ride like this it makes you wonder why people want to cover a hundred miles a day. I can ride for 8 hours and cover 40 or 50 miles and stop everywhere to take pics, look at bugs, feed animals, chat with other humans... when I have to. Some of my best days have been while riding my bike. - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN67sUw0ykU-Mg5gLsOw9vF8kBMEM5cGCgCNmLT_j72h9iu5fKYFFVbLJ2Z415Umw?key=LUZqdEl1d3RjNV9id0ZvTEFickhITnBwWFZrU3hR

The ride from Boonville to Sedalia is a nice part of the KATY Trail too. It make a good "out and back" day or 37 miles each way.
I did the out and back in one day this summer. At that time, the Trail east of Boonville was closed for about 45 miles because of flooding of the Missouri River.
It sounds like that is no longer an issue. Rocheport to Coopers Landing is my favorite part of the KATY Trail.

We also did that ride it was one of those best of the four days

Attachments

• 20190926_124507.jpg
    20190926_124507.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 424
Back