Kalkoff Agattu 7

Beat ebike for the price?

• Not many places to buy yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It cost around $3000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark

I bought this bike about 1 month ago. It is my second e bike. Let me say that this bike
is a great and fun bike to ride around on. I use it for shopping, riding along the river bike path etc.
If you are going to do long rides or touring, I would recommend the Agattu 8 for the extra high gear.
This bike has a very smooth ride with front shocks and seat post shock. I bought the step
trough version and my only complaint is there are no water bottle attachments. Also it is harder to lock
with by uBlot lock because of the frame.

Last edited:
I bought this bike about 1 month ago. It is my second e bike. Let me say that this bike
is a great and fun bike to ride around on. I use it for shopping, riding along the river bike path etc.
If you are going to do long rides or touring, I would recommend the Agattu 8 for the extra high gear.
This bike has a very smooth ride with front shocks and seat post shock. I bought the step
trough version and my only complaint is there are no water bottle attachments. Also it is harder to lock
with by uBlot lock because of the frame.
Thanks, Mark.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I have a couple of quick tips for you that might address some of your concerns. If you're looking for a little more top end you could switch the cog on the Nexus Hub for a smaller one. Most bike shops should be able to do this without much trouble. Kalkhoff could say it voids the warranty, but it's a common practice here in the states on this bike and many others.

For the water bottle, you could add a mount to the handlebars, or strap one to the down tube. There are a couple threads on here about it if you search water bottle. We carry about 10 different alternative mounts in the shop as many Ebikes don't allow for standard mounting.

Lastly regarding the lock. I'm not sure where you're located, but a cafe-lock and a connectable chain could go a long way, or you could get a longer Ulock or chain and run it through the rear triangle and rear wheel. In an area with more crime I would recommend something for the front wheel as well. Kryptonite is supposed to release locking nuts that only unlock if you turn the bike upside down. I think this is a pretty cool idea. Pinhead and Pitlock also have some options.

Best of luck with your new bike :)

Mark ; Chris is right you can upgrade the cog and you will see a different.
Now the ulock/frame lock you have may need a bit of oil but they work well.
What he has is similar to this:Abus Amparo
Ebay has a small alarm for extra protection http://www.ebay.com
That I use.

Back