Just picked up my 2021 Vado 5 SL. What a beauty!

BTW the Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seatpost with Suspension Post (27.2 x 350 mm) got installed last week when it was at the LBS getting a firmware update on the motor and highly recommend. Definitely smooths out the road imperfections like manhole covers and bridge transitions, etc. You won't get a cadillac ride, but on a long trip you will be happier with Cirrus Kinekt vs. the standard post.

Guys, all I can say is wow! I stopped for gas on way home and got this pic of the Vado 5 coming back from the bike shop yesterday. You can still see the inventory tag on handlebar. On my first ride I turned the bike off and rode up the hill by my house like I always do which is fairly steep in parts. And the Vado 5 rode slightly better than my Specialized Sirius Elite even though my Elite is 10 lbs. lighter. Rode back down then hit the magic button and rode back up. Felt a little like Christopher Reeves and just what an old man needed. Told the manager of Keswick Bike that the next one you get, make it a demo and don’t let the sales guys sell it. After a customer rides it, just take their deposits and your order book should full in no time. These are hard to get and I just got lucky.

When I was at the bike shop yesterday wanted to add the Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seatpost with Suspension, Post 27.2 x 350 mm. Folks are raving about this post since it really smooths out rough terrain. The mechanic said they wouldn't be able to install since there is a wire feeding up the seat post powering the rear light. So sent in a request for an Amazon return. Cirrus Cycles reached out to me and said they have done hundreds of these and just requires a 1/4 holes drilled into the post. They were going to reach out to my LBS and detail how its done. That's good service. Bike will go in for a tune up in September and will schedule install for the new seatpost then.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to ride it yet but I know what it can do. I'll have a lot more miles with it next week when I'm on vacation at the New Jersey shore and will provide more of an update then. Still pinching myself.

View attachment 61511
I too bought a Specialized Turbo Vado SL from Keswick Cycle Shop last year. I have the Turbo Vado SL4. I can't tell you how pleased I am with the bike. I think I put about 200 miles on it already. I haven't ridden it since late November. I'm getting back out on it this week since the temp will be in the 60s. I ride it in 25% pedal assist mode which is equivalent to my non ebike- a Trek Madone Carbon road bike- that weighs just 16 lbs. The 25% assist makes up for the increased weight of the Turbo Vado. That is, I go the same speed on both bikes w/ the same power output at 25% pedal assist. I have the numbers (power meter watts) to prove it.

I too bought a Specialized Turbo Vado SL from Keswick Cycle Shop last year. I have the Turbo Vado SL4. I can't tell you how pleased I am with the bike. I think I put about 200 miles on it already. I haven't ridden it since late November. I'm getting back out on it this week since the temp will be in the 60s. I ride it in 25% pedal assist mode which is equivalent to my non ebike- a Trek Madone Carbon road bike- that weighs just 16 lbs. The 25% assist makes up for the increased weight of the Turbo Vado. That is, I go the same speed on both bikes w/ the same power output at 25% pedal assist. I have the numbers (power meter watts) to prove it.
Mullerrj, I'm with you. My Vado is inside a spare bedroom since December waiting for the good weather. This winter was no good if you like to ride. Can't wait to get back out. I do like the Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seat post and after I got the right springs for my weight, made a difference. I ride the Schuylkill River Trail and Chester Valley Trail and it takes out the vibration and smooth's the bumps from manhole covers and uneven concrete. The Vado 5 SL is a great machine and Keswick Cycle has taken good care of me and the bike.

Mullerrj, I'm with you. My Vado is inside a spare bedroom since December waiting for the good weather. This winter was no good if you like to ride. Can't wait to get back out. I do like the Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seat post and after I got the right springs for my weight, made a difference. I ride the Schuylkill River Trail and Chester Valley Trail and it takes out the vibration and smooth's the bumps from manhole covers and uneven concrete. The Vado 5 SL is a great machine and Keswick Cycle has taken good care of me and the bike.
I thought about the Kinekt seat post, but I pretty much stick to the roads and flat trails where there are no bumps. The Vado is MUCH more comfortable than my carbon road bike- which I still ride. I ride the roads of Bucks County and the Delaware River Tow Path. Yeah, Keswick Cycle is a good shop. I bought my first quality Aluminum bike from them (Raleigh Technium) back in the late 80s. I still have it. I bought their service plan so I'll take advantage of their tune ups and firmware upgrades. I did an upgrade via my phone recently, but I think there is an upgrade that only the LBSs can do..not sure. Do you know?

I thought about the Kinekt seat post, but I pretty much stick to the roads and flat trails where there are no bumps. The Vado is MUCH more comfortable than my carbon road bike- which I still ride. I ride the roads of Bucks County and the Delaware River Tow Path. Yeah, Keswick Cycle is a good shop. I bought my first quality Aluminum bike from them (Raleigh Technium) back in the late 80s. I still have it. I bought their service plan so I'll take advantage of their tune ups and firmware upgrades. I did an upgrade via my phone recently, but I think there is an upgrade that only the LBSs can do..not sure. Do you know?
already asked about motor firmware. Its LBS only. Specialized wants us to get professional assistance and entice us to buy more accessories. If you far away, a nuisance. I'm in Chester Springs so Paoli Pa isn't too bad. Like you I got the 5 year service plan so its n/c.

Back