Just got the ultra eagle - getting used to the midrive?

This makes me want to look at my settings again, but I feel like that is how my bike is set up. Have never felt like the pedal assist wasn't doing its job.

If you haven't noticed anything then I would just leave it as-is because if you start increasing your pedal assist power then you're just going to use up your battery quicker.

Getting near 2500 miles and I love this ebike! I won't ever go back to a rear hub drive type of ebike. I naturally stopped riding my juiced bikes Ripcurrent S rear hub drive ebike it had been sitting around for a year or so and I just sold it last week. I couldn't ride the bike anymore it felt so clunky when I got on it, everything felt so off even though I took it to the bike shop for tune ups I don't know why it just felt so off riding it compared to my ultra eagle mid drive it's such a beast. Maybe I was too used to the higher end components on the ultra eagle.

Only thing is I went back to the gear sensor! I was replacing my chain every 6 months and it was getting annoying. Also went through a cassette somebody had mentioned that i would eat up my drive train disabling the gear sensor and even consciously being aware and trying to be cautious the issue is that is so much torque and if you change in the wrong gear or take off from stop in too high of a gear it can mess up your drive train.

The thing is that when I reconnected my gear sensor I didn't have the same issue I was having the first time with the 1-2 second delay I was experiencing when I first got the bike. I don't really notice it at all and if I do it's like half a second. I don't know if I just got used to the gears and mid drive or if reconnecting it fixed it. But I know it's helping since the last time I took it to my bike shop for a tune up its the first time in a while my chain didn't need to be replaced.

I still get surprised by the speed of this thing and the ride is so smooth the last time I picked it up after a tuneup I felt like I was floating on my ride. Im tempted at upgrading to a full suspension the watt wagon hydra looks pretty awesome fully loaded with fox shocks etc I think would be pretty sweet. But I don't think I want to go faster lol this is already really fast I think anything faster might get me in trouble lol

Back