Just bought (what appears to be) a bargain priced Ebike at Costco £1,000

Frank Sebem

Hi all

For the past few months I have been looking for an Ebike around the £1,000 mark. Yesterday, whilst in Costco for Christmas stuff I spotted a cracker. I just hope my purchase turns out to be as good as the bike looks. The price is £1,000 but if you put it through the cycle to work scheme you can lose some of that through the company. The bike is a Lombardo Valderice. It took me an hour to put together (pedals etc). It is the exact style I wanted. Looks like a mountain bike and has mountain bike tyres etc the write ups are ok. If you browse the internet the bike is selling at £1,500 & £1,700 in places. I know it won’t perform like a £6,000 bike. I expect it will perform 6 times less impressively but it will only be for occasional use. The online brochures show a centre motor but this is deffo a rear hub motor. The control unit is Bafang C961. I know some perfectionists may point out the bikes failings but with only £1,000 to spend the choice wasn’t huge. I’ll update later this week on the performance of the bike.

Looks like it will be fun. I might suggest if you think you want to grab a spare battery, you try and do it sooner than later, as those Costco runs often have unique parts sets that can be tough to find later once the manufacturer discontinues the run. General bike components are always easier to replace, but integrated frame batteries can be one-offs.

Congratulations, is it this one? Post here your impressions of the bike after you’ve had a few rides.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about finding a replacement battery in a few years. That's a pretty standard format, which the rest of the bike seems to have as well. Lot's of generic parts is a good thing!

Congrats on the new bike!

Thanks all. My main reason for posting this is because a few members were really helpful the other day within 30mins of me joining this forum and I want to possibly help others who have such a small budget.

Congrats on the new bike! Its like my first ebike and I loved it, I'm sure you will too... The Cycle to Work scheme is really handy, I used it to purchase my first bike... One thing to remember, they will write to you about buying the bike at some point... Just ignore it. Carry on the "Hire Purchase Agreement", and about 18months later you get to keep the bike for free, forever.

Wow, Wow, Wow. Got the bikes out yesterday and was blown away with them. Obviously, it's our first E-Bike so we may know nothing but all I know is that we are delighted with them. We are putting them in the car and taking them out again at weekend. Definite success. Thanks to everybody who commented.

Back