Juintech M1 hydraulic Calipers on Rad Rhino

Rory375

Ordered a pair of Juintech M1 hydraulic calipers for my Rhino and was wondering has anyone installed these and increased the brake disc size from 180mm to 203mm is this possible ? Or should I just stick to the 180mm disc .

I have the R1s on my Radmini. Gone about 500 miles and have had no issues and have had to make no adjustments to them. I live in the Catskill mtns and all I ride is up and down hills since there is not a flat spot to be found. Before I got these I had to adjust my breaks several times a week, while only riding 15 miles a day.

Just upgraded with the Juintech M1 calipers as well. I prefer to keep cables for my brakes since it is easier to maintain and I will take mt bicycle in some remote areas.

Mounting is plug and play, though I did need to reroute the back rear housing cable to fit the caliper (needed about an inch of extra length).

Just been testing for a few dozen km, braking seems to be same, hopefully way less maintenance along the way. I will be attempting to ride 200 km tomorrow (124 miles), see how things are going.

On the rear, my 2019 Rover just had 6mm spacers not the spacer bracket that is on the front. With that setup the disc edge is about 5 mm from the caliper. So IMHO large disc rear rotors would not clear, not a big deal since mostly of the braking is required for the front. The Juintech are good, takes about 20 miles to bed in.

Back