Juiced Releases new Electric Scooter

Received an email from Juiced about their new electric scooter:

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/electisan-electric-scooter

Wow. $1200. For a scooter. I've never been on one of those things and never want to be on one. But that price amazed me.

I also don't get the appeal of a high speed scooter, seems like a death trap and not very comfortable. But they are apparently all the rage. The specs on the Turbowheel Dart appear better in every respect than the Juiced, and $200 cheaper. https://electrek.co/2019/03/11/turbowheel-dart-electric-scooter-review/

I’ve used the ride share scooters quite a bit. They are super convenient for shorter 2-3 mile trips although part of the convenience comes down to not needing to worry about locking them up at your destination. They feel perfectly safe to me up to about 20mph. I can’t imagine going 25+mph on those little wheels however. It looks like the Juiced scooter comes with a pretty big battery (36V/12.8ah) which is probably why it’s so expensive. I live in a big city and, if I ever go car-less, I’d need something like a folding scooter or electric skateboard to get from my apartment to/from the myriad of car rental options I have in my area.

Honestly it looks like they just flat out picked a scooter from an Alibaba supplier and added it to their lineup. I found this here. Looks almost identical (Except this one folds too!) and can be customized to have the same power. $250 USD in bulk. Considering I can buy a decent scooter from best buy for $300 I cant see why they think this is worth $1300 (Or even the $999 its on sale for)

Hardly the first to market either

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.18.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.18.55 AM.png
    335.3 KB · Views: 1,060
That link is showing the scooter on sale at $999. Still expensive in my mind but as a last mile mode of transportation to work it makes sense.

I just noticed that. The price seems to have changed a few times! It was definitely $1199 when I first clicked on the direct link from their email to me.

Seems like they are sweating to add new revenue streams?

No reviews on the Juiced Bikes site yet. Actually, I don't see any written reviews for any products anymore... :eek:

I'll go get my tin foil hat... :D

Juiced did not make it; they have an exclusive distribution deal with Electisan.

That said, the price is shocking. Electisan has been selling similar scooters to scooter-sharing fleets, for around $500 supposedly (plus ~$50 in GPS electronics needed for sharing). I'd expect a $100-200 markup here, not $500-$900.

I also don't get the appeal of a high speed scooter, seems like a death trap and not very comfortable. But they are apparently all the rage. The specs on the Turbowheel Dart appear better in every respect than the Juiced, and $200 cheaper. https://electrek.co/2019/03/11/turbowheel-dart-electric-scooter-review/

The Dart looks very impressive compared to many others on the market today. Love the dual suspension in the rear and lights, etc. One of the best I have seen. At 1K, looks like it is worth it if you plan on heavy use to justify cost. I also am a big fan of the Inboard Glider that also looks like a good competitor. Thanks for sharing!

For the current price it's comparable to the Segway Ninebot ES Max that's about to be released. Still,...the pre-sale pricing on it make it the better deal. Plus, the ES Max tops out @40 miles of range. Sweet if you ask me,...

$ 1,399.00 $ 799.00
  • Top Speed: 18 mph
  • Motor Power/Max Power: 350W / 750W
  • Battery Range: up to 20-30 miles per charge
  • Battery Charge Time: 4 Hours
  • Hill Grade: 8 mph at 20% grade
  • 3 Riding Modes:
  • Lights: Integrated, high-contrast LED headlight and rear deck lights (brake lights).
  • Braking: Electronic Regenerative Braking & Mechanical brake
  • Water Resistant: IPX4
  • Weight limit: 275 lbs
  • Wheels: 10" Rubber Hex Core Un-puncturable Tires
  • Battery: Panasonic Lithium Ion - 36V 12.8AH
  • Charging: Direct connect to the battery (w/o removal from scooter)

IN THE BOX
  • Scooter
  • 2A Charger & Cable
DIMENSIONS
  • Length: 46"
  • Width: 20" Deck 6"
  • Height: 47"
  • Weight: 46 lbs
MATERIALS
  • Forged glass composites
  • Aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Impact-resistant polymers

This product meets CE, FCC, ROHS 2.0, UN38.3 (Battery) certification standards.

1 Year manufacturer warranty included.

For the current price it's comparable to the Segway Ninebot ES Max that's about to be released. Still,...the pre-sale pricing on it make it the better deal. Plus, the ES Max tops out @40 miles of range. Sweet if you ask me,...

$ 1,399.00 $ 799.00
  • Top Speed: 18 mph
  • Motor Power/Max Power: 350W / 750W
  • Battery Range: up to 20-30 miles per charge
  • Battery Charge Time: 4 Hours
  • Hill Grade: 8 mph at 20% grade
  • 3 Riding Modes:
  • Lights: Integrated, high-contrast LED headlight and rear deck lights (brake lights).
  • Braking: Electronic Regenerative Braking & Mechanical brake
  • Water Resistant: IPX4
  • Weight limit: 275 lbs
  • Wheels: 10" Rubber Hex Core Un-puncturable Tires
  • Battery: Panasonic Lithium Ion - 36V 12.8AH
  • Charging: Direct connect to the battery (w/o removal from scooter)

IN THE BOX
  • Scooter
  • 2A Charger & Cable
DIMENSIONS
  • Length: 46"
  • Width: 20" Deck 6"
  • Height: 47"
  • Weight: 46 lbs
MATERIALS
  • Forged glass composites
  • Aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Impact-resistant polymers

This product meets CE, FCC, ROHS 2.0, UN38.3 (Battery) certification standards.

1 Year manufacturer warranty included.

Super Nice! I like the fact that the motor is in the rear wheel opposed to the front. Seems like a better design overall.

Super Nice! I like the fact that the motor is in the rear wheel opposed to the front. Seems like a better design overall.
I wish I could pre-order, but I'll probably get SOMETHING by the end of the summer.

Oh, on a side note,...did any of you see the Boosted Rev? $1,599, dual motors, hill climbs like a mountain goat on hills, 24mph top speed, and 22 miles actual range. Even though it's so expensive, it's built way beyond all the others out there. Boosted is known for performance, build quality, reliability, and customer service. Personally I think it's worth the $$$.

I wish I could pre-order, but I'll probably get SOMETHING by the end of the summer.

Oh, on a side note,...did any of you see the Boosted Rev? $1,599, dual motors, hill climbs like a mountain goat on hills, 24mph top speed, and 22 miles actual range. Even though it's so expensive, it's built way beyond all the others out there. Boosted is known for performance, build quality, reliability, and customer service. Personally I think it's worth the $$$.

If you can wait till the end of the summer, you may see something you like even better. I have been watching the e-skateboard market and it seems to be evolving at a very rapid pace. We are now up to speeds of 33mph with 30mls+ range. Seems so dangerous if you are not a very experienced rider IMO. Happy shopping!

These boards are insanely fast!

If you can wait till the end of the summer, you may see something you like even better. I have been watching the e-skateboard market and it seems to be evolving at a very rapid pace. We are now up to speeds of 33mph with 30mls+ range. Seems so dangerous if you are not a very experienced rider IMO. Happy shopping!

These boards are insanely fast!
I had an iMax S1 Plus, and it went 25 mph going up steep hills, so I'm good with 24 mph max,...LoL! Anyway, hopefully you'll find the speed demon you've been dreaming about, and I'll most likely take your advice and wait until the fall. And THANKS!!!

I had an iMax S1 Plus, and it went 25 mph going up steep hills, so I'm good with 24 mph max,...LoL! Anyway, hopefully you'll find the speed demon you've been dreaming about, and I'll most likely take your advice and wait until the fall. And THANKS!!!

Great. I always say be well informed before purchase. The IMax is packing a nice punch. I remember Court's review in 2016 for that scooter on this forum. One of my absolute favorites is the "Turbowheel Lightning 40 mph electric scooter". A little pricey, however, looks like you get what you pay for with this one also.

Update: the Juiced Electisan 350 is on sale for $599. I have an ES Max, and an E-Twow Booster GT already, so I'm not in the market for a new escooter. Maybe someone is interested,...

Update: the Juiced Electisan 350 is on sale for $599. I have an ES Max, and an E-Twow Booster GT already, so I'm not in the market for a new escooter. Maybe someone is interested,...

And now sold out. Pretty sure none of the scooter-sharing firms buy this model any more; it may be discontinued.

And now sold out. Pretty sure none of the scooter-sharing firms buy this model any more; it may be discontinued.
I think it's more like it's price being unrealistic, and the handlebar stem doesn't fold. Those 2 factors make it undesirable. At $599 it was a good deal, but I'd pass on it because it doesn't fold. I also now have 2 escooters. I have a Segway Ninebot ES Max (running DaddyNord FW), and a E-Twow Booster GT. Both fold, both are good enough for my purposes.

Back