Juiced RCS vs Aventon Aventure I have both now

IOUZIP

Region
USA
I wanted to start this thread just because I have both bikes now. First impression of the Aventure fat tire ebike is more critical of the experience when riding. Cadence vs Cadence and torque is a big difference when riding. The Aventure riding under 10 mph is not easy to do. Nothing feels natural about pedaling this bike. The bike pulls you to 10 mph even when pedaling slow. So min pedaling speed is 10mph on power assist 1. I will test it on the trails to see if it will match the RCS. I will also post my wife's impressions as she rides mostly on asphault. I will post more as we get time on the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_7066.JPG
    IMG_7066.JPG
    558.4 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Throttle only 0-15mph drag race on flat asphault has the Aventon faster by 1 bike length over the RCS. Same rider back to back the Aventon did feel like it was putting out more torque. My butt dyno tells me so.

Throttle only 0-15mph drag race on flat asphault has the Aventon faster by 1 bike length over the RCS. Same rider back to back the Aventon did feel like it was putting out more torque. My butt dyno tells me so.
They both have the same Bafang 750 motor no?

A quick look at your pic shows a fully dressed RCS with accessories, vs a stripped Aventure. Have you weighed them both? I'd suspect the RCS may just be heavier, not necessarily less powerful.

When we did the test we did add the rear rack. That rack is 1lb at best. Same Bafang 750 motor. The power of the aventure jumps off the line better. The juiced RCS is heavier and a little slower to 15mph.

juiced bikes have to be in race mode for full power,what mode were you in eco/sport or race?

Which feels better riding? The weight difference is about 3 lbs. I have the RCS Step thru. Seems to be more complaints about Aventon. Might be because they sell more bikes. I do like the torque sensor.

After 1 day of riding the Aventure step through we decided to order the RCS Step Thru. The lack of torque sensor makes a big difference when riding. Having the addition of a torque sensor makes the pedaling more natural and no so on/off the power like cadence only. Expecting an Aug delivery of the RCS Step Thru.

After 1 day of riding the Aventure step through we decided to order the RCS Step Thru. The lack of torque sensor makes a big difference when riding. Having the addition of a torque sensor makes the pedaling more natural and no so on/off the power like cadence only. Expecting an Aug delivery of the RCS Step Thru.
They seem to be available, especially black. I ordered white around June 7, they promised shipping around mid June and it shipped June 15 and I got it June 21. So far I like it a lot and my other bike is a Specialized Como 5.0 which is also a terrific bike.

I have a CCX and my wife has the Aventon Level and I feel the same way about them. The Aventon is a good bike but the CCX's torque sensor makes a night-and-day difference.

I have the Juiced RC that bought new and now have 1800+ miles on. I have tried both, the cadence and torque sensing modes (it has both) time and time again and there is no comparison to the smooth natural power delivery. The torque sensing on this bike works so well one can't even tell when the power comes on and when it stops. In the torque sensing mode I can ride very nicely along walking people . Every time I try the cadence mode just for curiosity I ride about two blocks and it is back to the torque sensing mode.
I bought another bike that was also torque sensing but mid drive. It had a terrible power delivery. I returned it. The slowest you could ride was about ten miles an hour. Power came on abruptly, pushed the speed up and shut off abruptly. It was up and down, up and down with the speed. Very unnatural feel. I was told by the company that is the way programing is and it couldn't be changed.
It was the most beautiful looking unit but as the saying goes "looks is only skin deep"

I agrree about the Juiced and how much smoother the torque drive makes the ride. But I also have a Specialized COMO 5.0 and it is even smoother and I think stronger on hills. And the motor is almost silent. It is a mid-drive with torque sensing and has a Brose motor with 90Nm of torques vs the 80 Nm torque on the Juiced.

Agreed. Cadence sensor alone gives a jerky uncontrollable acceleration. So many ebike reviews I watch and almost never see them review the downside to cadence sensor vs torque sensor. Or show the differences while riding. I tried riding the Aventure off road and it was not easy on the trails. It kept trying to throw me forward on a tight turn. I am having to use the break to stop the motor all the time. I hope more ebike manufacturers stop using cadence alone.

The Juiced Step Thru came a couple days ago and I now have it assembled. The RCS Step Thru and the Aventon Aventure Step Through allows my wife to ride without worry of the top tube. The design of the Aventure is cleaner than the RCS. The lack of torque sensor on the Aventure is the only reason we switched to the RCS. We will be selling the Aventure now that the RCS has arrived.

RCS-Aventure.jpg

I can ride my cadence sensor bike and my juiced torque sensor, Cadence only sensor does take a little bit of learning. I'm in the minority and often like the cadence only sensor for long rides. The Juiced torque sensor has not convinced me that torque sensor is the only way to go. Now I understand it is quite different than many mid drives. Still unless I can program the controller on how it responds to the torque sensor it's never going to be the best.

I have Juiced which is torque and cadence sensor then the Aventon which is cadence also a mid drive bike with torque sensor. Both rear and mid drive torque sensor bikes are very similar in the way they deliver assistance. I would explain it as more assistance and less pushing when pedaling using the torque sensor bikes. I have ridden Rad Rover and Aventon bikes with cadence only sensors. All mid drive motors have torque sensors. I never knew what a difference the torque vs cadence felt like until I had ridden both. I will say I'm a convert. Thanks for your feedback.

I sold my RCS step thru to a friend up in Canada where he cannot get it delivered. I have the Como 5 as my second bike. I must say i miss the Juiced just because the roads can be a bit rough around here. I have a new RCS step thru on order for October delivery. I like torque sensors. You can turn off the torque sensor in the Juiced.

"I agrree about the Juiced and how much smoother the torque drive makes the ride. But I also have a Specialized COMO 5.0 and it is even smoother and I think stronger on hills. And the motor is almost silent. It is a mid-drive with torque sensing and has a Brose motor with 90Nm of torques vs the 80 Nm torque on the Juiced."

This is good news to me. I now have a RipCurrent that I love. Quiet motor and smooth torque sensing power delivery. I have a bike on order with the Brose motor and am happy to hear it too has a smooth quiet power delivery. Quiet with a smooth power delivery is a very important aspect on E- bikes to me. These two things make riding an electric bike very natural and pleasurable.

Back