Juiced Bikes HyperFat HF1000 Next Shipment?

Lenny7118

Hi, Any know when the next shipment of HyperFat 1000 E Bikes will be available?

Also on the HyperFat the suspension isn’t really a true Air fork suspension is it? It’s just a fancy use of words but the fork is actually a Spring loaded fork! I’m I right? If I’m wrong I apologize.
Thanks

It is an air fork suspension, but my experience with the fork was below par. The schrader valves used on the fork has very coarse threads that make it hard to attach a shock pump. As for performance, the fork became very stiff after about 200 miles. I’m still awaiting a replacement unit from Juiced Bikes.

It is an air fork suspension, but my experience with the fork was below par. The schrader valves used on the fork has very coarse threads that make it hard to attach a shock pump. As for performance, the fork became very stiff after about 200 miles. I’m still awaiting a replacement unit from Juiced Bikes.

Thanks for your reply. Glad you cleared that up for me.
Have you had any other issues like with the torque sensor and controller... like the bike jerking after only a few minutes into a ride.

May I asked what options you got on your HyperFat and when did you order it and receive it after ordering.
I’m wondering when the next batch will be available.

Thanks

My bike is currently non operational due to an issue with the controller and or motor.

The low speed stuttering that is a known issue was only slightly annoying. However my bike developed a random shutdown issue around 450 miles. I currently have 600 miles.

There’s something going on with the controller not syncing up with the Hall sensors in the motor. It’s been challenging working with JB to diagnose the issue as their average response time on service tickets is about 5-7 days. Combine that with how busy I am during the week and the communication cycle stretches out longer.

This is a 2nd ebike for me and one that I enjoy greatly when it works. I was planning to use this bike as a second commuting platform as a ride about 4-5k miles a year. At this point, I’m looking to have JB just help me verify the motor it operational then possibly turn the bike into a semi-homebuild project bike.

If my HF1000 turns into a sort of mishmash frankenbike, at the very least Tora had the sense to use non-proprietary parts. The motor is a MAC, the battery has XT60 connectors. The only thing I have to do is program a new controller.

Once again is a great bike, but probably not a good first bike if your just getting into the ebike thing.

My bike is currently non operational due to an issue with the controller and or motor.

The low speed stuttering that is a known issue was only slightly annoying. However my bike developed a random shutdown issue around 450 miles. I currently have 600 miles.

There’s something going on with the controller not syncing up with the Hall sensors in the motor. It’s been challenging working with JB to diagnose the issue as their average response time on service tickets is about 5-7 days. Combine that with how busy I am during the week and the communication cycle stretches out longer.

This is a 2nd ebike for me and one that I enjoy greatly when it works. I was planning to use this bike as a second commuting platform as a ride about 4-5k miles a year. At this point, I’m looking to have JB just help me verify the motor it operational then possibly turn the bike into a semi-homebuild project bike.

If my HF1000 turns into a sort of mishmash frankenbike, at the very least Tora had the sense to use non-proprietary parts. The motor is a MAC, the battery has XT60 connectors. The only thing I have to do is program a new controller.

Once again is a great bike, but probably not a good first bike if your just getting into the ebike thing.

Hello, So what is Juiced doing about this problem? I have read others that have the same issues but no one is saying if Juiced Bikes has fixed the problem.

Hello, So what is Juiced doing about this problem? I have read others that have the same issues but no one is saying if Juiced Bikes has fixed the problem.

I’ve emailed them every day since 3/30 with no response. They had me go through the usual process of checking connections and reseating everything, but this did not fix the problem. I’ll keep everyone posted.

So, what should I buy for my first ebike? Why do you make that statement?

For a regular commuter like me, ultimate reliability is key and this bike unfortunately does not meet that requirement. Luckily I have another ebike, Haibike Trekking S, that’s gone almost 5000 trouble free miles. My expectation before purchase was that the bike was a bit of “skunkworks” project and it would have some minor irregularities like the intermittent stuttering. However, the hall sensor stuttering and low speed startup are completely different issues from the controller just randomly taking a dump. At this point I can afford to make this a project bike and or wait for JB to respond to service tickets.

As for recommending a first ebike I usually prioritize budget, use case, drive system, and components.

Update: Juiced bikes just responded to both of my open service tickets and are sending a replacement fork and motor controller. I'll keep everyone posted on how it works out.

Glad to hear that. Did Juiced say that your motor studdering was from a bad controller?

Juiced Bike just issued shipping notification but their reply to the ticket did not provide any explanation. The controller is the next logical part to change out.

I do not yet have a means to test the hall sensors in the motor without something that can do some basic data logging. I'm currently on the fence about turning this into with a semi-DIY with a controller like a GrinTech Phaserunner. My plan is to ride out the rest of my warranty with the stock parts.

Juiced Bike just issued shipping notification but their reply to the ticket did not provide any explanation. The controller is the next logical part to change out.

I do not yet have a means to test the hall sensors in the motor without something that can do some basic data logging. I'm currently on the fence about turning this into with a semi-DIY with a controller like a GrinTech Phaserunner. My plan is to ride out the rest of my warranty with the stock parts.
Exactly what I'm doing to my ocean current but I'm going all out with cycle analyst v3, bottom bracket torque sensor, phase runner and either a Mac hub motor from Luna or a crystalyte which I already have. Guarantee you 35mph. Already built a schwinn full suspension rocket 88 that will suck the paint off a "hyper P.O.S." for 1/2 of what they go for and it rides like butter.

Exactly what I'm doing to my ocean current but I'm going all out with cycle analyst v3, bottom bracket torque sensor, phase runner and either a Mac hub motor from Luna or a crystalyte which I already have. Guarantee you 35mph. Already built a schwinn full suspension rocket 88 that will suck the paint off a "hyper P.O.S." for 1/2 of what they go for and it rides like butter.

Yep, sounds like fun and post some updates once you have your Ocean Current modded out.

Back