Juggernaut Ultra BEAST

Explorer-1

Have bike, will travel
Region
USA
City
Boston North Shore

Another 'Ultra' added to the series; this one appears to use 2 Integrated batteries and I like that if you are going to go integrated. About 1400Wh on board, but only 48V system.

You can get it with 3 different wheel options which is nice, and a their standard brake, and fork options.

44 Tooth chain-ring with 11-42T cassette, for me this is not a mountain bike I would have preferred a 52T chain-ring

One battery is embedded in the frame, while the other is mounted within the triangle of the frame.

One battery is embedded in the frame, while the other is mounted within the triangle of the frame.
Don't think so, look at the pics. I know the website is confusing (i.e. appears wron=g on this point), but based on the pics, the battery options, and similar (i.e. identical frames used by others), I think we have 2 integrated batteries on either side of the down tube.

This appears to be the same bike as the Bikonit MD 1000 or Bolton Warthog, but with a derailer in place of the belt drive and internal rear hub. To me, this set up would better handle the power of the drivetrain. I think it's pretty hard to resist the combination of range and power. All of these bikes are showing shipping in late August, so it will be interesting to see real-world opinion.

This appears to be the same bike as the Bikonit MD 1000 or Bolton Warthog, but with a derailer in place of the belt drive and internal rear hub. To me, this set up would better handle the power of the drivetrain. I think it's pretty hard to resist the combination of range and power. All of these bikes are showing shipping in late August, so it will be interesting to see real-world opinion.
Yes, they all seem to use the same basic frame, but have different components, and Biktrix does offer a few customization options. If only the Bafang controller was not such a dog, I'd probably have to spend another 25-30% on the new controller/motor, as you can't just buy the controller alone. The thing I hate most about the stock controller is its poor efficiency, it is a battery waster and I'd be buying for integrated battery range, so the thought of wasting 20-25% of that due to the controller is hard for me to take. I like the concept here though and the options available from Biktrix, even if the options really make it expensive. They don't offer the higher end FS or Belt-drive options, but in terms of the meat & potatoes they have it down pretty good.

Last edited:
Interesting point. I'm still learning, but have been close to pulling the trigger on this one. Seems like the right balance. I am not excited about long waits and worry about ordering from China. I didn't know about the controller. I need a reliable 40-mile range as it's hilly in upstate NY and I'm a good 250. As fall approaches I almost feel like I should wait until more things become available and reviews are in.

I think it's pretty hard to resist the combination of range and power.

Then again, if you want range and refined power get the aftermarket controller. Could be a more optimal solution for those looking for one or both.

Interesting point. I'm still learning, but have been close to pulling the trigger on this one. Seems like the right balance. I am not excited about long waits and worry about ordering from China. I didn't know about the controller. I need a reliable 40-mile range as it's hilly in upstate NY and I'm a good 250. As fall approaches I almost feel like I should wait until more things become available and reviews are in.
They are nice, you won't have any problem getting 40miles on these I'm pretty sure. Ya it seems Ultras from various makes all have what I consider pretty poor mileage/Wh, it probably depends a lot on the range you ride them in, but recent feedback from people that have innotrace controller seems to back up the manufacture's chain that mileage is significantly improved over the stock controller.

Yes, they all seem to use the same basic frame, but have different components, and Biktrix does offer a few customization options. If only the Bafang controller was not such a dog, I'd probably have to spend another 25-30% on the new controller/motor, as you can't just buy the controller alone. The thing I hate most about the stock controller is its poor efficiency, it is a battery waster and I'd be buying for integrated battery range, so the thought of wasting 20-25% of that due to the controller is hard for me to take. I like the concept here though and the options available from Biktrix, even if the options really make it expensive. They don't offer the higher end FS or Belt-drive options, but in terms of the meat & potatoes they have it down pretty good.
Hello you seem to know what you're talking about as well as just about everyone on this forum I am new to the E bike world I had like ask you for your opinion if money was not an issue. I am a disabled vet that just cannot do what are used to be able to do I am and have a bow hunter who loves being in the woods I will be using the E bike on farmland some mud and snow Hills wounds grassy fields what a bike would you recommend like I said if money was not an issue I am just looking to make the smart investment and not regret it I know nothing about these bikes I just started looking into them three weeks ago and I just joined this forum thank God for that I appreciate any advice you can give me to try and make a decision

I will be using the E bike on farmland some mud and snow Hills wounds grassy fields what a bike would you recommend like I said if money was not an issue I am just looking to make the smart investment and not regret it I know nothing about these bikes I just started looking into them three weeks ago and I just joined this forum thank God for that I appreciate any advice you can give me to try and make a decision
UBCO dual 1000W hub motors. A real tractor, a farm eBike!
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 1.05.34 PM.png

Hello you seem to know what you're talking about as well as just about everyone on this forum I am new to the E bike world I had like ask you for your opinion if money was not an issue. I am a disabled vet that just cannot do what are used to be able to do I am and have a bow hunter who loves being in the woods I will be using the E bike on farmland some mud and snow Hills wounds grassy fields what a bike would you recommend like I said if money was not an issue I am just looking to make the smart investment and not regret it I know nothing about these bikes I just started looking into them three weeks ago and I just joined this forum thank God for that I appreciate any advice you can give me to try and make a decision
Rangers Lead the Way......Having fun. Here is my review of the Juggernaut Ultra FS. I bought two of them now, its a fabulous bike and Biktrix has the lowest markup on the market.

Back