Is there such a thing as a non-OEM Shimano BT-e8016 battery replacement?

Melgarpoe

Region
USA
Are there companies making off-brand replacement batteries to use instead of Shimano branded batteries? I'm quickly realizing that getting an actual Shimano brand battery is not going to be an easy task, at least unless I want to wait until September 2022 or later, so I'm hoping someone is making an equivalent of this type of battery besides Shimano?

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks. I have checked Bike Bling, but they don't seem to have them in stock. It says they're taking preorders only.

But thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Michael

Reactions: JRA
Ridewill in Italy shows they have it in stock. Link: https://www.ridewill.it/p/it/shiman...-e8010-36v-mtb-steps-14ah-504wh-nero/1389173/

I would email them to ask if they could ship a battery from Italy to the US. As battery shipping regs are strict for a reason, it's more than possible this will be a no-go for you, but worth asking.

I have bought battery decals for my Haibike from them on 2 occasions, and another member here was able to get a Yamaha sensor cable from them in just several days time (of course, that is via air-shipment).

Let us know how it works out, costs and shipping terms as Ridewill could open up another avenue for reliable vendors to us US ebikers.

Ridewill in Italy has both an eBay storefront as well as a web presence as you've noted. I tried ordering from each of these and in fact, the order goes through just fine and then Ridewill has refunded my purchase price and advised me that Shimano now bars them from shipping these batteries to the US. Apparently it's to "protect" US retailers from being undercut in pricing from abroad.

I've also located the battery from a source in Poland and from one in Australia, but both of these also say that Shimano will not let them ship to the US either.

The hunt goes on!

Thanks for your reply,

Michael

Back