Is there any like Juggernaut 750W DUO but folding around $1500?

AGuy

I have been debating which bike to buy. I live in a mostly flat area, but some steep hills are a challenge. I want it to commute downtown, but there is not a lot of secure parking in down Philadelphia and a full size bike would make it harder to bring into buildings.

I want hydraulic brakes, suspension or sorts, torque sensor, 750 W motor, at least 48V 14.5AH battery, 26" wheels, and ideally a folding bike. Also, ideally integrated battery. The sondors smart step foldable frame and tire size is almost perfect if it wasn't because it's only 350W motor and the mechanical brakes.

My top contestants are
Juggernaut 750W DUO $1600 w/ shipping. (Cons: No foldable, battery replacements maybe expensive, heavy at 70 Lbs +)
Fat Bear750S - $1750. (Cons: More than what I want to pay and not full size wheels or torque sensor)
Qualisports Beluga - $1400. (Cons: motor is only 500W, small battery. No torque sensor. Pros: Easy to roll)
Ride1 Up LMT’D - $1695 to 1795. (Cons: Not foldable, no fenders or front light. Almost...)
I am sure I a not aware of all bike options I am not aware of, I would really appreciate it recommendations in my price/desire rate.
Wallke X2 Pro or Wallke X3 Pro - $1599 to $1900. (Cons: Mix customer service reviews, shipped with different parts than advertised. No torque sensor, 66 lbs)
RadMini Step-Thru 2 o RadMini4 - $1500. (Cons: smaller wheels, no torque sensor, no integrated battery)
Stark drive advanced - $1500. (Cons: No torque sensor. Importing from Europe taxes?)

Last edited:
Consider adding a GMAC rear hub motor from Grin Tech https://ebikes.ca/shop/ready-to-roll-kits/rear-rtr/gmac-ready-to-roll-kit.html
to a Montague Paratrooper https://www.montaguebikes.com/product/paratrooper/
Its more than you’re willing to pay for but would meet your requirements.The
Thanks for replying. I wasn't aware of montague paratrooper. I am quite busy fixing my house, so I don't have time for thinkering, but I will keep it in my mind for the future. For now, I am looking for as close as a plug and play situation. If there was a set that is already put together, I would consider. Grin Tech is a bit intimidating for newbies.

I'm left wondering about the practical aspects of a folding bike with some of these attributes.
Do you plan on being able to lift a bike like this up?

I'm left wondering about the practical aspects of a folding bike with some of these attributes.
Do you plan on being able to lift a bike like this up?
I want to be able to bring the bike into the elevator and into my jobs in the business area, center City, Philadelphia. Hopefully not a lot of lifting. I just don't trust parking on the street with such an expensive item and bringing a full size bike that doesn't fold feels a little bit too much to ask for.

I have been debating which bike to buy. I live in a mostly flat area, but some steep hills are a challenge. I want it to commute downtown, but there is not a lot of secure parking in down Philadelphia and a full size bike would make it harder to bring into buildings. I want hydraulic brakes, suspension or sorts, torque sensor, 750 W motor, at least 48V 14.5AH battery, 26" wheels, and ideally a folding bike. Also, ideally integrated battery. The sondors smart step foldable frame and tire size is almost perfect if it wasn't because it's only 350W motor and the mechanical brakes.
My top contestants are
Juggernaut 750W DUO $1600 w/ shipping. (Cons: No foldable, battery replacements maybe expensive, heavy at 70 Lbs +)
Fat Bear750S - $1750. (Cons: More than what I want to pay and not full size wheels or torque sensor)
Qualisports Beluga - $1400. (Cons: motor is only 500W, small battery. No torque sensor. Pros: Easy to roll)
Ride1 Up LMT’D - $1695 to 1795. (Cons: Not foldable, no fenders or front light. Almost...)
I am sure I a not aware of all bike options I am not aware of, I would really appreciate it recommendations in my price/desire rate.
Take a look at the EBR list of Best Folding Electric Bikes of 2020 ;)

Folding electric bikes are popular for their compact design, which allows easier transport and storage vs. full sized ebikes. They usually fold in the middle, at the handlebar, and the pedals, becoming small enough to fit on boats, RVs, and private planes. In addition to providing powered assist, electric folding bikes need to be tough enough to be laid on their sides and jostled around during transport. Whether you’re a traveler or just limited on space, here are our top picks for the best folding ebikes of 2020. See all the details and even more winners on our best folding electric bikes page.

Best Electric Bikes of 2020 | ElectricBikeReview.com

your not going to find a folder with those specs at $1500. Integrated battery with 14+ah and a torque sensor alone will jack up the price well above $1500
and even then a folder like this would be hard to find imo.

if you can live with a cadence sensor and non-integrated battery and smaller Fat tires, you can find plenty of 750watt folders with 14ah of battery.

Last edited:
your not going to find a folder with those specs at $1500. Integrated battery with 14+ah and a torque sensor alone will jack up the price well above $1500
and even then a folder like this would be hard to find imo.

if you can live with a cadence sensor and non-integrated battery and smaller Fat tires, you can find plenty of 750watt folders with 14ah of battery.
Hi. I have never tried fat tires and small 20 inch diameter wheels. Is my impression that they tend to be less stable and harder to handle with smaller tires. Do you have any experience with that? Also, I would be willing to go up to $1900 for something with torque sensor + foldable + 750Watt + at least 14ah.

Hi. I have never tried fat tires and small 20 inch diameter wheels. Is my impression that they tend to be less stable and harder to handle with smaller tires. Do you have any experience with that? Also, I would be willing to go up to $1900 for something with torque sensor + foldable + 750Watt + at least 14ah.
i have ridden some fat tire bikes but never the lil 20in wheels so i dont know how they ride, i imagine they are more nimble than a 26in Fat tire.
even at $2900 you will be lucky to find a folder with 750watt and torque sensing! The Folders i know of with torque sensors are all well over $2500 and they are all well under 500watts, the Faster you give up on the Torque Sensor dream the happier you will be lol, im sure there are more but the only Folding 750watt Torque sensing bike with a 14ah battery i ever saw was the Stark Indiegogo project, i dont know if that ever even got off the ground.

Last edited:
The stark seems like a nice bike at a decent price and not too heavy. Didn't get off the ground, I have the feeling he may try again. The bikes are available on his website.

There are some companies that sell montague’s with kits on them but doubt anything is torque sensor but i may be wrong
My Swiss bike x70 has a bbs02

but I remember seeing some montague’s already kitted on a few sites for sale, i just dont remember if they were all bafang drives or not

On the second link scroll down, it looks like they sell the montague folders with different kits on them
Very cool bike!

Nice performance from a hub drive when climbing... wider EMTB tires would be better. ;)

Have done some research on the tires montague will take and if I am not mistaken there may be one model that went up to 2.3 and my theory is the frames are all the same but front forks are different- have no idea if that is true

have been waiting for a MONTH!! On a bikeinn order to get here and it has some 2x2.125?? tires in it for mine

I wrote montague they said a 2.2 would fit on mine but he did not know about bigger than that

this bikeinn order has been a disaster- first and last order there for me

when my tires get here I will update with how much clearance they have/pics etc

Back