Is the new XP really BLUE? It sure looks blue to me!

Racer-X

Region
USA
City
Somewhere in Oregon
Hi Folks,
Kev central has released a "water bottle mod" video on YouTube for the new XP 2.0.
That bike is a "Midnight Blue" color. It's very obvious.
Also,
Watch the you tube review by content folks "Fate Unbound" called "FAST&FUN".
At time stamp #5:00 he talks about the color being.. "Midnight blue".
I wonder if that's the factory color or just for the prototypes.
It looks great if I were expecting a blue bike. Actually, it almost matches my truck.
On the other hand that would be a very unwelcome surprise, had I ordered the 2.0.
So.. you 2.0 guys may want to check that out if you are expecting that "Blacked out" look!
I'm not hating,, But not everyone likes that kind of surprise.
Cheers!

Racer

Last edited:
I'm not so sure Rep'
Watch the you tube review by content folks "Fate Unbound" called FAST & FUN.
At time stamp# 5.00 he says it straight up... "Midnight blue".
I think it's a nice color, very dark blue. It just wouldn't fit with my plans for the bike.
Uh, And they left the fenders black... odd choice to me.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Ok, it appears that it's midnight blue. He does say midnight blue, and since he has it in front of him I'll accept that.

As a retired DP I will never trust a color comment's accuracy that's made from a video or photo.

Also, odd that Lectric calls it black.

Ok, it appears that it's midnight blue. He does say midnight blue, and since he has it in front of him I'll accept that.

As a retired DP I will never trust a color comment's accuracy that's made from a video or photo.

Also, odd that Lectric calls it black.
Agreed Sir! Hopefully I didn't come off as being smug! I've edited my post to include both references.

Last edited:
Racer-X
Not smug at all. I'm nor that thin skinned.:rolleyes:
I try like hell to admit I'm wrong when I see that I am and prefer accurate information.
FWIW - color accuracy can be tricky, as our eyes/brain adjust to even radical changes in color, e.g. full sun and shade. And to complicate things, women in general see more colors than men do.
Digital color accuracy depends on the accuracy of your monitor and how well accuracy is maintained in the chain that precedes the monitor. But enough of that.
This forum is a great resource. Thanks to all for contributing.

Back