Is Specialized Just OUT of Stock Indefinitely ?

B

BarryS

I'm asking here : Does anyone know : From what I am seeing online : I'd have to travel to NY to even look : Vado 5 Available Online : I just don't want to spend 4500.00 on something I can't test for comfort : The Dealer Doesn't want to get stuck with it. My Local LBS says Next Spring before Availability is possible :

They being Honest ?

Some Vado inventory should be back in stock this month or early October. We have one med non low-step 5.0 in stock and 2019 XL 3.0 low steps left. Other inventory is indeed showing back in stock in Q1 of 2021.

Which model are you looking for? The Vado 5.0 is incredible and the most common thing I hear from folks is how much they enjoy the ride. Granted, taking a $4k risk without buying it is tough, but I've seen most folks over the moon with the bike.

Some Vado inventory should be back in stock this month or early October. We have one med non low-step 5.0 in stock and 2019 XL 3.0 low steps left. Other inventory is indeed showing back in stock in Q1 of 2021.

Which model are you looking for? The Vado 5.0 is incredible and the most common thing I hear from folks is how much they enjoy the ride. Granted, taking a $4k risk without buying it is tough, but I've seen most folks over the moon with the bike.
I see you are in Oregon I am in Western Michigan : Specialized won't allow Shipping from one state into another correct ?
Yeah I know the Bike gets great reviews : I'm not sure if I need a Vado vs the SL : Plus I am tall with long legs and Arms : In the generic Realm I first purchased a Trek Dual Sport : Fit me great : I decided to add to my herd and purchased a Trek FX 4 . I hate the FX There was no room for my legs on that bike : My legs ached like mad when I used that bike : Sold it and Rode my Dual Sport : Then I ran into a Brand New Trek Verve 3 2020 that was a demo that someone had scratched the paint on. They sold it so Cheap I bought it to Try. Same Size as teh FX but a Much bigger big. Taller as well as longer :

I mention this because I am concerned if I buy a Vado and it fits like that Flex I'll have screwed myself.

I did find a Shop 5 hours away in another state : Unfortunately It is in WI just a Few Miles from where they were Burning down the Town Due to more Riots : I guess if I really want one I'm going to have to take a Day and drive somewhere out of State to at least try them/.

One thought. If a nearby LBS has a Vado 3.0 or 4.0 you could test for fit, that may be something to try before ordering the 5.0?

I see you are in Oregon I am in Western Michigan : Specialized won't allow Shipping from one state into another correct ?
Yeah I know the Bike gets great reviews : I'm not sure if I need a Vado vs the SL : Plus I am tall with long legs and Arms : In the generic Realm I first purchased a Trek Dual Sport : Fit me great : I decided to add to my herd and purchased a Trek FX 4 . I hate the FX There was no room for my legs on that bike : My legs ached like mad when I used that bike : Sold it and Rode my Dual Sport : Then I ran into a Brand New Trek Verve 3 2020 that was a demo that someone had scratched the paint on. They sold it so Cheap I bought it to Try. Same Size as teh FX but a Much bigger big. Taller as well as longer :

I mention this because I am concerned if I buy a Vado and it fits like that Flex I'll have screwed myself.

I did find a Shop 5 hours away in another state : Unfortunately It is in WI just a Few Miles from where they were Burning down the Town Due to more Riots : I guess if I really want one I'm going to have to take a Day and drive somewhere out of State to at least try them/.

No, I can sell bikes to other states especially given the inventory shortage. Plus being in Oregon you can save on the sales tax!

Why do you think they would be dishonest? You have some evidence about them not wanting to sell eBikes?

Supply and demand, prices and availability accordingly. Just like that new Mustang Electric, or the 'New Fangled Doo-Hickey', you can't get one, then if you so desperately gotta get one, then you can ultimately find one, if you dig deep enough. Alternately, the ones who have them (used or new) can price them accordingly.
On another note, all I can say is I've got 750 miles on my Vado 5.0 in a little over 39 days and zero issues, best E-bike I've ever had, only problem I ever had is I had a loose screw.

The Vado 5 SL is in very high demand. No LBS will get stuck with one if he is even lucky enough to have one for sale. I ordered mine back end of June putting down $2500 deposit site unseen. I knew what it could do. Just wish I had more time to ride it. It will be hard for me to ever go back to my un motorized Sirrus Elite.

When the pandemic hit and everybody was stuck at home, they all decided to go out and get a new bike, or fix the one(s) they had, so bike makers and bike shops were absolutely slammed. Entire inventories for the year were pretty well gone by May.

Then all the factories were shut down as well, so production didn't happen. New model-year production was set way back, several months. Now the 2021 models from all of the manufacturers are just starting to trickle in. Some boutique brands are indicating model availability next year - like a year from now. Everything they have slated for production from now until then have been presold.

This is where the bike industry is today. If you can find something you want you plunk your full-boat retail dollars down and take what you can get.

The good news is that the used bike market is also on fire. So it's a good time to sell old stuff if you think you can get new better stuff. I put the two bikes in my sig on Craig's and they both sold immediately. People are clamoring everywhere for bikes.

We kind of chuckle when new people immediately jump to "they lied to me" shtick when they don't get their stuff as fast as they think they should. Everything is behind the eight-ball and everybody is playing catch-up. Jenson USA, one of the larger retailers out west, cannot even respond to the inquires they get - over a thousand a day. Their staff just can't even get to them all. It's a lot like that everywhere.

So if your dealer has a bike, or can get one that you like or want, you better jump on it or you're gettin' nuthin'. 😁

Why do you think they would be dishonest? You have some evidence about them not wanting to sell eBikes?
I actually didn't say they were dishonest : I probably should have mentioned they had 2 Trek Verves setting on their Floor : Since they were pushing me in that direction : I just assumed the sales guy might not be telling me the whole Truth on New Product availability .

That's where I got my Vado SL 5 EQ. It was in stock. I was in both KC stores yesterday. They has SL's and non-SLs but not sure what sizes. Barry, I know you said you have long legs and arms. I have a 36" inseam and my shirts sleeves are 37". The large frame fit me just fine but YMMV.
Thanks for the Input : Wow How tall are you ? I'm just 6'1 with 35 Shirts and 36 Inseam : Curious How much seat raise ??? I can ride a Medium with the seat way up. But would never buy one

Hey Western Michigan , try Mc lean cycles in Traverse city and Caddilac and check their inventory
Thanks Man : Wonder Why these guys didn't show on My LBS search on Specialized site : ??? Anyway Thanks alot : Much appreciated

I'm in Lawrence with a Vado 5 and Como 5 if you want to come over and check them out. Just received the Como from Brendon, believe he has a Vado 5 also. I'm 6'1" also, both bikes are L.

Thanks for the Input : Wow How tall are you ? I'm just 6'1 with 35 Shirts and 36 Inseam : Curious How much seat raise ??? I can ride a Medium with the seat way up. But would never buy one
I'm 6-2.5". My acoustic bike is a Sirrus Sport XL but the electric bike is a Vado 5 SL, large frame. I decided to go with a large frame in the Vado because I didn't think I really needed the extra rise of an XL. Besides, XL Vado SLs are unobtanium in KC. The seat rise I'm using on the Vado is 31" (top of seat to center of the crank). This leaves me with a slight bend in my knee at the bottom of my pedal stroke but that's OK for me. There's still some room in the seat tube to go higher but I'm not sure how much. I can't imagine a large not working for you.

Had my Vado 5 SL into LBS suburban Philly for a 200 mile check and firmware update on the motor. And Cirrus Cycle seat post install. And noticed a brand new Silver Turbo Vado 5 SL like mine unsold on display. So Specialized starting to ship product, a good thing.

Back