Interview with Rakesh Dhawan (President of Falco) and Ravi!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, yesterday Ravi and I metup with Rakesh and he showed us his Falco eMotor electric bike kits. Ravi had some questions about cogging, five phases vs. three and Valco vs. BionX and other high end ebike conversion kits. We asked all of the questions and got some great responses. Here's the video!

I'll be in the DC/New York area for a bit if anyone else is around and wants to meetup or schedule other interviews with bike companies. Sorry I've been offline for a bit here, lots of reviews coming and other videos like this on the All Bike Update YouTube Channel I run.

It was really cool to spin the wheel when the bike was off and try to get a feel for the magnetic resistance that might be happening (magnets repelling the stater). It seems like the core values offered by Falco kits are:
  • Customizable (pedal assist, regen, regen braking, front wheel, back wheel, throttle)
  • Programable (can make the higher end kits go faster for off road)
  • High quality, designed to not overheat and get wrecked like some of the early Stromer BMC motors
  • Open source (can use your own battery pack and make your own setup)

Thanks Court and Brambor :)

It was great to meet you and Rakesh.
Falco has some great products that are open for customization and it will be exciting to see how their products fare in the coming years.
I am looking forward to learning more about different technologies in the ebike industry.

Thanks again Court and your effort, dedication is creating a new breeze of activity in the ebike space.

Hi Ravi! Cool review guys, Rakesh really sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I like the "open office/free market" style of his business

RAVI!!!! You're a rockstar. Cool to see you in person.
Court, did you get to take one out?

Thanks Chandlee and James:)
Although I am a newbie, I am always enthusiastic about learning from people like you and the industry in general.
Since Court was in the area, I thought it would be nice to bring together people in this field and we shot this video in front of my friends house.
How is your move coming along?

Court, did you get to take one out?
We all got a chance to test ride his demo setup but I didn't shoot a review that day... Went to Rakesh's house later and tested out several models which can be seen in the written reviews here.

Wish I could be there for the grand opening! Sounds like a lot of fun and I really enjoyed meeting you in person as well Chandlee (and your family and friends... thanks for sharing ;))

Back