Intermittent bbs02

k_oflynn2000

Hi there, im looking for some advice on my bbs02. Basically i got the upgraded controler from luna cycle and it was working great (and still might be) but im having trouble with the unit cutting in and out. The display works and measures speed, the battery level works to. Ive double checked all the connections but cant figure it out. When it is working also for some reason now it's applying PAS in level 0 which it wasnt before it started playing up. My ebrake works as it should when the unit is "working" but then it will suddenly stop and ill have no throttle or PAS. Ill end up riding unasisted for a while them it will suddenly spring into life!! Ive resoldered the battery conection but i dont think its that as the display is working fine. Wiggling all the cables seems to make no difference either. Its just random when it decides to start working again. I was convinced it was a loose/bad contact somewhere but after seeing the wierd settings with the pas today im thinking the controler. Surely a faulty throttle or ebrake would not alter the settings?? It seems that in PAS 0 when i throttle and then pedal, release the throttle and keep peddling, the unit still drives. And if i stop and start peddling again it adds power. But its not a normal power delivery and it sounds different to when im peddling in PAS 1-9. Its a bit difficult to explain but it isnt right. Also earlier when it was working for i while i throttled, applied my ebrake whilst still on the throttle and it cut the motor but then it wouldnt go again. I rode about 200m then all of a sudden it kicked in. I rode this motor 1000km with the 18a controler and had zero problems which is why I suspect the controler but i realise it could also be something else. Hope ive given enough info. Any ideas???

Hi there, im looking for some advice on my bbs02. Basically i got the upgraded controler from luna cycle and it was working great (and still might be) but im having trouble with the unit cutting in and out. The display works and measures speed, the battery level works to. Ive double checked all the connections but cant figure it out. When it is working also for some reason now it's applying PAS in level 0 which it wasnt before it started playing up. My ebrake works as it should when the unit is "working" but then it will suddenly stop and ill have no throttle or PAS. Ill end up riding unasisted for a while them it will suddenly spring into life!! Ive resoldered the battery conection but i dont think its that as the display is working fine. Wiggling all the cables seems to make no difference either. Its just random when it decides to start working again. I was convinced it was a loose/bad contact somewhere but after seeing the wierd settings with the pas today im thinking the controler. Surely a faulty throttle or ebrake would not alter the settings?? It seems that in PAS 0 when i throttle and then pedal, release the throttle and keep peddling, the unit still drives. And if i stop and start peddling again it adds power. But its not a normal power delivery and it sounds different to when im peddling in PAS 1-9. Its a bit difficult to explain but it isnt right. Also earlier when it was working for i while i throttled, applied my ebrake whilst still on the throttle and it cut the motor but then it wouldnt go again. I rode about 200m then all of a sudden it kicked in. I rode this motor 1000km with the 18a controler and had zero problems which is why I suspect the controler but i realise it could also be something else. Hope ive given enough info. Any ideas???
Unplug both ebrake connectors and ride the bike. If it continues to act up you know the brakes aren't the problem.

Court J.

Tried it with both throttle and ebrake unplugged and it was the same, tried new display and it was the same, put my old 18a controler back on and it worked fine. Did 25km and it didnt cut out once and pas is not working in 0. Faulty controler it is

Back