Initial Review on RipCurrent

LOCALOUTLAW

Ordered a 2019 RipCurrent...it took 6 days to get, and that was over Memorial weekend. Shipped FedEx Ground and tracking was provided when shipped. The box was in great shape when it arrived (San Diego to Milwaukee, WI). The bike was well protected with heavy duty foam pieces and plastic and foam wrap on the critical areas. The only scratches on this bike were some chips on the handlebar and some scratches on the front of the neck. I have seen and heard much worse, so I was happy with that. It came with some really cheap tools to assemble, but they do get the job done. Also came with 2 extra spokes and a bell and some loose reflectors. The assembly directions were good. It also included links to scan for the videos if needed. The battery was almost fully charged, it took 20 minutes to top it off. Front tire was at 10psi and rear tire was completely flat, I set both to 25 psi and it felt good on pavement riding. Very simple to assemble the pedals, front wheel and handlebars. I installed the seat post and seat off my Trek which is comfortable for me and I am used to it. I ordered the Large 18" frame. I am 6'1" and my Trek is a 19.5" frame. The 18" juice setup worked fine for my size, with the seatpost up quite a bit and I tilted the handlebars forward a few degrees. It was a comfortable riding position for my first 12 mile test. The LCD was already set to Race mode when I turned it on so I left it there for my first ride. This is my first Ebike and it was awesome! I still pedaled and shifted through the gears while riding, the extra power is amazing! I was going through town at 31 mph while pedaling in 6th gear. Top speed on my first ride was 38 mph down a slight hill according to the LCD. I will take a gps and verify the speed tomorrow. I am very pleased with my purchase and the quality of the bike. I chose Juiced after watching many videos and reviews. Tora Harris also sold me on his brand seeing his videos and posts in the forums. I will update with any information that I think may be helpful the more I ride.

Attachments

• 0528191349_HDR.jpg
    0528191349_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 655
  • 0528191350.jpg
    0528191350.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 660
  • 0528191414_HDR.jpg
    0528191414_HDR.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 684
  • 0528191452.jpg
    0528191452.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 707
  • 0528191533_HDR.jpg
    0528191533_HDR.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 572
  • 0528191645.jpg
    0528191645.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 744
Ordered a 2019 RipCurrent...it took 6 days to get, and that was over Memorial weekend. Shipped FedEx Ground and tracking was provided when shipped. The box was in great shape when it arrived (San Diego to Milwaukee, WI). The bike was well protected with heavy duty foam pieces and plastic and foam wrap on the critical areas. The only scratches on this bike were some chips on the handlebar and some scratches on the front of the neck. I have seen and heard much worse, so I was happy with that. It came with some really cheap tools to assemble, but they do get the job done. Also came with 2 extra spokes and a bell and some loose reflectors. The assembly directions were good. It also included links to scan for the videos if needed. The battery was almost fully charged, it took 20 minutes to top it off. Front tire was at 10psi and rear tire was completely flat, I set both to 25 psi and it felt good on pavement riding. Very simple to assemble the pedals, front wheel and handlebars. I installed the seat post and seat off my Trek which is comfortable for me and I am used to it. I ordered the Large 18" frame. I am 6'1" and my Trek is a 19.5" frame. The 18" juice setup worked fine for my size, with the seatpost up quite a bit and I tilted the handlebars forward a few degrees. It was a comfortable riding position for my first 12 mile test. The LCD was already set to Race mode when I turned it on so I left it there for my first ride. This is my first Ebike and it was awesome! I still pedaled and shifted through the gears while riding, the extra power is amazing! I was going through town at 31 mph while pedaling in 6th gear. Top speed on my first ride was 38 mph down a slight hill according to the LCD. I will take a gps and verify the speed tomorrow. I am very pleased with my purchase and the quality of the bike. I chose Juiced after watching many videos and reviews. Tora Harris also sold me on his brand seeing his videos and posts in the forums. I will update with any information that I think may be helpful the more I ride.

Many happy miles!

Great review - thanks!

I had a similar experience (I've had mine a month or so now I guess). Juiced was good about remedying a few small issues - nothing major at all.

I'm curious about your speeds - It seems to me that mine completely stops assisting at 27.5, maybe 28 mph - I've never seen more than probably 28.5 on the display. Not that I need to go that fast, just wondering if programming is correct in the controller. This in "R" mode. Pretty much the same in "S" mode. I use the torque sensor all the time, but did try turning it off once - then it seemed that in "R" mode all you do is move the pedals at all and it applies 100% to the motor - didn't go above 28 then either though, but reached that speed with zero peddle effort (just kept them turning).

I'm no herculean peddler by any means, so maybe you just have to supply a lot more peddle watts to get over 28mph.

Just turned over 100 miles on mine, loving it so far. When I first got it the power was cutting out but Juiced tech support was quick to diagnose the issue as a brake cutoff switch needing adjustment. Had to align the front disc brake to stop some rubbing noise but that has been it. I am hoping that the 19 amp battery will come down in price as I may want the extra range!

Congratulations. In one of your pictures the handlebars look gray / silver ? Aren’t they Black?
Did your bike come with fenders and the rack?

Last edited:
Me and my dog love it. I was worried about the medium frame size but it worked out fine for me (5’10” and 31 inch inseam).

Attachments

• C613561B-569F-42A0-9CF5-FC57558C1BF0.jpeg
    C613561B-569F-42A0-9CF5-FC57558C1BF0.jpeg
    401.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Back