Indicator lights on e bike

I purchased two sets ($50 each) for my ebikes but haven’t installed them yet. Playing around with them the magnets feel pretty strong. Most of my riding is on paved roads and some hard pack. I don’t think I will have any issues with them falling off. In lowlight/night time they are pretty bright and should work fine. In bright sunlight a little less bright.

P.S., I installed on one bike. When magnets connect (pretty strong) you turn them about a half turn to secure them. There are a couple of threads on there.

Last edited:
...yeah I think it would be fair to say that the Netherlands and indeed a few other countries in Europe appear to have a more accepting attitude towards sharing the road with cyclists. Cycling as a form of recreation or a choice for daily transport as well as the big pro tour events all seem to be part of the culture.
My own experiences of cycle touring New Zealand and Australia in the 1990's I quickly learned the rule of 'might is right'..(ie) get out of the way of any larger vehicle. Attitude towards cyclists here in NZ don't appear to have changed much and I still keep in mind the might-is-right principal when riding as a form of self preservation. I am greatful that councils and road planning authorities are aware of the need to create designated space for cyclists on roads as well as seperate cycle paths so it becomes the responsibility of myself as a cyclist to use these designated areas and the responsibility of motorists to stay within their part of the carriageway.
I hear you about right-of-way principles in Australia. Back in '06 we rented a car and headed out. Got used to the left side of road driving, but I never mastered the left handed shifting (even though at home I have always had, and prefer, stick shifts). Ground the gears every time.

In the outback, the roads sometimes have a single paved lane down the middle, with additional red-dirt lanes either side. When we'd meet a "road train" (semi hauling 2 or more trailers), I quickly learned to head for the dirt, because those guys weren't going to yield an inch of pavement. So we'd be bouncing and leaping through the air with red dirt flying all around, just like in a cartoon.

Back