increasin battery capacity

rocky1405

i am on the second season of riding my vado 3.0 and would like more range - can additional cells be added to the battery? if so, where to get this done? i have 3700 miles on my vado and love the bike but want more range. i am a daily rider - am retired and ride for fun and health. so far i have broken one spoke on the rear wheel and wornout the chain and cassette.

You cannot add additional cells to the battery. Simplest solution would be to buy an additional battery and carry it with you.

I'd be interested in what Specialized is thinking when they are running this regarding that battery:

"Ever Been Excited About a Battery Before? Like the motor, it’s customizable and fully integrated"

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/turbo-vado

Might be worth the price of a phone call?

Battery upgrades can be ridiculously expensive, but a well managed battery can 5 years. I budget for 5 and celebrate anything more. I have 5 year old batteries that still serve me well. AHicks is right. See what your maker offers first. Adding a battery isn’t always a simple task. Some systems communicate between battery and controller. Something some criticise, but a great bike builder typically has a first quality battery.

Back