Inaccurate mileage and speed? Calibrate?

Howie

Region
USA
The bike is a Chinese Stealth Bomber style clone, purchased off of eBay. 8000w hub motor. Sabvoton mqcon controller. Panasonic 72v battery. HKC-01 display.

Somehow the settings got accidentally tampered with or reset or something after fixing a flat and doing a little maintenance on the bike. First I noticed that my speed wasn't reading correctly. As in, inaccurately. It was off by maybe 10-15 mph. And next, I noticed that my mileage was off by about 7-9 miles or something like that. I took a ride on a regularly traveled route where I know the exact distance and that's how I know it was off. So, I went into the menu and changed the wheel size, after doing some online research. But I've gone through every wheel size option in the menu and traveled the same familiar route as mentioned earlier (as a test), but still the bike is off by about 2 miles and the speed by about 4-7 mph. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm not considering? Is there a way to calibrate it?

The bike is a Chinese Stealth Bomber style clone, purchased off of eBay. 8000w hub motor. Sabvoton mqcon controller. Panasonic 72v battery. HKC-01 display.

Somehow the settings got accidentally tampered with or reset or something after fixing a flat and doing a little maintenance on the bike. First I noticed that my speed wasn't reading correctly. As in, inaccurately. It was off by maybe 10-15 mph. And next, I noticed that my mileage was off by about 7-9 miles or something like that. I took a ride on a regularly traveled route where I know the exact distance and that's how I know it was off. So, I went into the menu and changed the wheel size, after doing some online research. But I've gone through every wheel size option in the menu and traveled the same familiar route as mentioned earlier (as a test), but still the bike is off by about 2 miles and the speed by about 4-7 mph. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm not considering? Is there a way to calibrate it?
There’s some sort of sensor feeding information to probably the display. Has the position changed? My builds use spoke magnets that pass a sensor and the display has wheel size settings. It’s easier for someone to help if you link readers to bike specs or better yet a manual. Readers are more likely to look and help. It saves a lot of time freely shared! I hope that helps!

2nd vote for finding and checking wheel size settings.

Back