In need of new brake pads

Finny

I searched through all the posts and did not see this topic. I need to change out my brake pads shortly after only 6 months and about 1400 miles on my XP. Has there been a discussion on longer life pads and which ones people are using? Thanks very much and sorry if I missed this topic on a different thread.

I searched through all the posts and did not see this topic. I need to change out my brake pads shortly after only 6 months and about 1400 miles on my XP. Has there been a discussion on longer life pads and which ones people are using? Thanks very much and sorry if I missed this topic on a different thread.
I bought these and have about 1600 k on them.. I bought them from Ali Express. 5 minutes or less to change..

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201216-195403_AliExpress.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201216-195403_AliExpress.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 307
Brake pad life is very much a function of your riding style and terrain. My wife says I ride too fast on our very hilly local terrain. My first set of organic pads were done at 500 miles. I switched to semi--metallic pads with aggressive heat sinks. They've got 1,500 miles on them now. The pad wear looks to get me to over 2,500 miles before they need replacement.

My 'journey' with these new pads in pretty well covered in THIS THREAD.

I had posted this in another thread....
This is an excellent source for break pads.. If you are unsure of what to order just add a pair to your cart and then click Contact ✉️ from there. They are very helpful... A photo and some measurements on your end helps too.
For my breaks they offer Metallic, Semi Metallic and Ceramic pads.... I like Ceramic for long wear, minimal rotor wear and no noise.

EOOZ on Aliexpress

HTB155ByXyDxK1RjSsphq6zHrpXaX (1).jpg

Back