Impressions of the C Class

Wow, thanks so much for this detailed review of your procedure. I am now at the stage with Ariel Rider where they want to send me a new motor, but I want to make 100% sure it is not the Nexus hub first. You have been so helpful. Would you be willing to answer just a few more questions?

1) My worrisome sound only happens when I am in 7th gear. I can be going 20+ mph in 6th, and it doesn't happen, but the same speed in 7th, and the knocking happens. Did you problem sound happen in other gears besides 7th?

2) Having completed the procedure, did this stop the knocking sound for you?

3) With respect to the missing part, do you think I should warn them about this issue in advance, before they send the new motor? Is there anything else you would have told AR before they sent you the motor, knowing what you know now?

4) Did they make you return the old motor?

Thanks, and I hope you can help with these questions.

Wow, thanks so much for this detailed review of your procedure. I am now at the stage with Ariel Rider where they want to send me a new motor, but I want to make 100% sure it is not the Nexus hub first. You have been so helpful. Would you be willing to answer just a few more questions?

1) My worrisome sound only happens when I am in 7th gear. I can be going 20+ mph in 6th, and it doesn't happen, but the same speed in 7th, and the knocking happens. Did you problem sound happen in other gears besides 7th?
For me, after riding for a while, if I put the motor into 7th gear, it would start making noises from then on. This was for the "chirping" noise. I think the knocking noise was only seen in 7th gear though.
2) Having completed the procedure, did this stop the knocking sound for you?
It seems that way but I haven't had a chance to do a lot of riding yet.
3) With respect to the missing part, do you think I should warn them about this issue in advance, before they send the new motor? Is there anything else you would have told AR before they sent you the motor, knowing what you know now?
They offered to send me a crank puller when I mentioned that I didn't have one. I was also missing the hex wrench needed to unbolt the cranks. I think you should ask them to send you both of those. They seem to be quite willing to send you what you need. They likely would have paid for a bike shop repair too.
4) Did they make you return the old motor?
No, they never asked for it.

Back