"I'm Riding in the Rain, Just Riding in the Rain..."

I wear waterproof pants and jacket with head covers. A mtb cycling helmet with a built-in light, my fix. A footwear with water protection and winter cycling shoe cover. Or waterproof snow boot. Neoprene gloves.

A backpack with bicycle tools, a raincoat for a backpack, food and drink and my phone.

I do mountain biking at night

Our ride in the Sacramento Valley yesterday hit local temps of over 100°F, with wild fire smoke.

Some rain and cooler weather here would be great! 🙄

It never rains in California 😎
There's a song with that line as I recall.

Sometimes it seems like the rains will never come, esp during peak fire sesson (now!). But we do get an average of over 59 inches of rain (and snow equivelent). By MAR it sometimes seems like the rain and snow will never end! 😎

That's a lot! Does the song is untrue?
California is a big state; over 770 miles long, nearly 163,000 sq miles, mountains that rise to over 14,000 feet above sea level, deserts that reach 279 feet below sea level, towering redwood forests, and a seemingly endless coast line. The song is pretty accurate for the most populated southern regions of the state, but not so much in the mountains of the northern state where we live.

Oh. I constantly tend to forget how large American states are...

P.S. Poland is a tad smaller than New Mexico and slightly larger than Arizona. Yet, the Poland's population is only slightly lower than of California but far higher than of Texas.

Last edited:
Please look up these goggles:

The manufacturer's web page reads "Out of stock" but you might find these online. I've been riding in the 100% Accuri OTG Tornado for whole last Winter, bought a new pair now. Super comfortable, most of glasses' frames fit easily, and the goggles ensure excellent visibility. These goggles are also easy on your face and nose; the optical glasses are never getting any mist.

P.S. I can see other Accuri goggles with clear lens are available (the Moto models).

Back