I'm "Comonizing" my Vado 4.0

Thanks mate...forgot about that. Just looked and the saddle is way back. I can steal about two inches ;)
For maximum knee comfort there is a limit to where the saddle should be adjusted in the Fore and Aft Position. Basically you want the saddle positioned so the back of your knee cap is over the pedal spindle +/-2cm. A helper with a plumb bob is helpful for this adjustment.

Hi Everybody.
New here and want to share my experience on our bikes so far. So, we walked into the LBS a few weeks ago and all they had in stock is a Como 3.0 low step, a Como 3.0 high step, and a Vado 4.0 high step. We immediately decided on the low step for the wife and after trying the 3.0, I decided on the 4.0. Just want that little bit more oomph, and Como 4.0 isn't available here.
I felt uncomfortable on the Vado from day one as I prefer to ride more upright. We're in our early sixties and comfort and leasure is our main aim. It troubled me that I like riding the wife's Como more than my Vado so I set out converting it. I got a 100mm adjustable stem riser, that gave me some upright, but the straight handles still limited me somewhat. I started looking around for granny handle bars but couldn't really decide on which. I walked into the LBS and just for fun asked if Como handles can be bought after market. I have one in the back the guy said...someone wrote off a frame and I can have the bars for $30. I just about stepped on my lip, before begging him to take my money.
So now i'm in happy land and loving my Vado. I can't distinguish any difference between sitting on the two...even the distance from the centre of the bars to the saddle risers is the same. I'm off to that shop again tomorrow to hear if they still have the Como saddle in the back.
Anyway here's some photos of the Vado.
View attachment 72244View attachment 72245View attachment 72246
We're off on a two week holiday...mostly biking on leasure trails around the lakes and towns. It's all a new experience for us and looking very much forward. We'll be carrying them all the way there, but once offloaded, it's only biking. Here they are on the back rack during one of our practice runs.
View attachment 72247
This is absolutely FABULOUS!!! I was in the same predicament but went with Como instead. Will keep this in mind if I ever sell my Como 2.0 and upgrade to Vado thanks a ton for sharing!!!

Back