If you live in NYC plz be careful in the following weeks.

Kaldeem

http://road.cc/content/news/204350-gang-new-york-targeting-riders-electric-bikes

Report of 3-4 ebike riders being victims to late night robbers, no-one seriously injured, but 3 ebikes stolen and some phones and cash.

So here's a question, since we ride bikes that are 3x more expensive than the average cyclist/commuter (non-pro obviously) what are the communities thoughts on conceal carries and or self defence "items" weapons while riding in sketchy neighborhoods or late at night?

http://road.cc/content/news/204350-gang-new-york-targeting-riders-electric-bikes

Report of 3-4 ebike riders being victims to late night robbers, no-one seriously injured, but 3 ebikes stolen and some phones and cash.

So here's a question, since we ride bikes that are 3x more expensive than the average cyclist/commuter (non-pro obviously) what are the communities thoughts on conceal carries and or self defence "items" weapons while riding in sketchy neighborhoods or late at night?
The last thread we had on this topic was deleted and closed...until then...I ride concealed the majority of the time. Sometimes my travel destinations do not allow CC. Other than those times I am locked and loaded. There is no sense in the criminal being the only one with a weapon. The criminals don't care if CC is illegal.

Also - the value of the bike is irrelevant. An armed citizen has a choice about being a victim or pulling his weapon. An unarmed citizen is a victim.

Absolutely, I agree with you. And I'm sorry if this was already posted before. I wasn't aware.

I ride with pepper spray mounted on my left wrist. San Francisco is a really dangerous place. Crazy drugged-out homeless people abound. My girlfriend was riding her e-bike on a bike lane that goes under a freeway here in SF when a pitbull from a homeless encampment charged at her. Luckily, the homeless owner grabbed the dog before it could bite her.

Stay safe, folks!

Back