If you are looking for a used bike, or even considering a kit, CHECK OUT THE NEW PACE 350 !

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4210

Many conversion kits get north of $1000, and offer far less, and used ebikes are rare, and worse they are often way over-priced. Stay away from Amazon and ebikes like Ancheer or Addmotor.

This PACE 350 sets the bottom line standard where you should start with evaluating what e-bike you want (Unless you know for a fact you are ready to plunk down at least $2500 for a mid drive ebike - then these comments are not for you), and then from there compare it's ride and features, with other ebikes, and notice on other brands how much you get additional, for the extra $400, $600, $800 or even $1000 more than this PACE 350. Ask yourself, if it's all worth those extra dollars.

At this price, there aren't really any compromises in what they provide, as its a comfortable ride, very nice ebike rated and thicker tires, decent seat, plenty of gears, very good stopping power with disc brakes, very structurally solid, and can even ride on most hard packed or even gravel trails along with any pavement. It's fairly lightweight (for an ebike) at under 50 lbs, and uses a frame integrated Samsung battery. So no compromise on battery quality or it's frame integrated positioning.

2 sizes for step thru's.
3 sizes for traditional diamond frame.
Anyone from 4'8" to 6'4" could likely find a fit.
Slight pedal forward position, gives you a good chance, both feet can touch the ground while seated, and still give you good leg extension while riding.

Need lights, rack, fenders ?

All can be had for less than $150 or less, with lights that are USB rechargeable, led based, and plenty bright.

Want more ride comfort for your posterior ? Add a Bikeroo seat for $39.

Or even more comfort than that, for your whole body ? Add an NCX Suntour, adjustable softness/firmness suspension seat post for $109, plus a 27.2 to 30.4 mm shim for seat post fit on step thru version. I doubt you will find you will need front suspension shocks, or the added weight of those shocks, for most recreational riding circumstances.

Frankly, There is not a better STARTER/FIRST TIME PURCHASE ebike on the market today, at any better than this price point, and there certainly are many ebikes that are worse than entry level quality above this price point. I would say the overall quality on this ebike, favorably compares with many ebike brands/models that are often priced between $1500 and $2000 at an LBS or even on-line.

Yes with other brands, you can certainly get more expensive components such as higher end derailleur, hydraulic brakes, adjustable stem, integrated lights, but how much is all that really worth to your specific purpose for riding with assist ? If you can tell the difference during your test rides, and really know what you want, then by all means spend that extra money. But I mention this for those who really are having a tough time knowing where to start, what to look for in an ebike, aren't avid cyclists, or have been away from regular biking for years, and don't want to 'break the bank', on their very first ebike.

Court's review is pretty decent. Check it out.

P.S. I can assemble it faster than it can be unpacked, and unwrapped, and all the packaging thrown away. Seriously. Its very well protected for shipping.

At $999.99 this bike is one of the best buys on the market.

https://www.aventon.com/products/aventon-pace-350-e-bike

Because it doesn't have all the glitzy numbers for torque and watts it won't even get looked at by some. There are many 3 grand bikes with similar power that'll do 20 mph and climb most hills for most riders. I think their range estimate is low too! That's different for an ebike manufacturer, erring on the side of caution.

There is not a better STARTER/FIRST TIME PURCHASE ebike on the market today, at any better than this price point
Well said.

I bought the Pace 500, which was released before the 350, Court did a review in February. I've been delighted with it ever since. And for the price point I think its a great value. My only criticism is upon hard braking the front brakes make an awful noise. The bike is zippy and powerful, handles well, good geometry and relatively comfortable. I recently did a 37 mi ride on a full charge, using mostly PAS 2-3 using throttle sparingly. Rode on a concrete river trail, I'm 6'2" & about 230#. I bought it rather than covert my conventional bike to electric because of the cost factor and the fact this bike had better components.

I bought the Pace 500, which was released before the 350, Court did a review in February. I've been delighted with it ever since. And for the price point I think its a great value. My only criticism is upon hard braking the front brakes make an awful noise. The bike is zippy and powerful, handles well, good geometry and relatively comfortable. I recently did a 37 mi ride on a full charge, using mostly PAS 2-3 using throttle sparingly. Rode on a concrete river trail, I'm 6'2" & about 230#. I bought it rather than covert my conventional bike to electric because of the cost factor and the fact this bike had better components.
The pads can get dirty, or road oil build up, and glazed a bit. They can be removed and lightly sanded. (Videos on YouTube explain how). Or you can replace the pads with one's from Amazon called AHL. 4 pairs for $15.99. They are generic for tektro and shimano. A customer who has the pace 500, tried them and said they work great. No squealing and smooth stopping. Pads are easy to replace. And at this price, even if they only go 1000 miles, it's not going to break the bank.

I bought the Pace 500 last year, have only 500 miles on it and every time I go for a ride, I’m truly impressed. Lots of bike for the money and extremely powerful, and by the way, lots of compliments.

Back