If the Juggernaut Ultra 1000 is power limited to 500W, does it still have 160Nm torque?

dmark

If the Juggernaut Ultra 1000 is power limited to 500W, does it still have 160Nm torque?

Thanks in advance.

Voltage doesn't change, so amperage has to be limited to hit 500W max. Since the amperage is being limited then yes, it will not hit the same peak torque at initial rotation, more like 80Nm or so. (far as I know anyway).

Last edited:
My Juggernaut puts out 1500 watts maxed out, mine is a HD, why would an ultra be less? I thought the only difference was the ultra has torque sensing. We really get ripped off in Canada with the 500 watt limit, the bike is absolutely gutless. I've been converting my lower powered bikes by changing the controllers to 35 amps. 500 watts is okay for going to the Safeway but that's about it.

Last edited:
Not that I condone breaking the law, but 500W limit is not enforced in any way. I feel safer with more power for defensive riding, so I leave my bikes entirely unlimited, and ride with care and courtesy for everyone else (pedestrians, cyclists and motorists alike).

I currently have a BBS02B folding bike with 1300W peak and up to 34 mph with a fully charged battery, nobody has said anything yet. Important thing is to leave pedestrians a wide berth when passing at speed. The less room you have to pass, the slower you should be going. If it seems likely that you might collide with them or oncoming bikers/peds while passing you should not pass at all, even if it means coming to a full stop or disabling assist and dropping down to 3 mph. With ebikes, especially powerful ones, there is really no reason to be concerned about coming to a stop when a flick of a throttle will get you back up to speed.

My Juggernaut puts out 1500 watts maxed out, mine is a HD, why would an ultra be less? I thought the only difference was the ultra has torque sensing. We really get ripped off in Canada with the 500 watt limit, the bike is absolutely gutless. I've been converting my lower powered bikes by changing the controllers to 35 amps. 500 watts is okay for going to the Safeway but that's about it.
I ordered mine power limited, but I just noticed that there is a Watt meter on the display, and mine goes up to 1500W.
I also looked at the adjustable settings here,
and it looks like my bike is top speed limited to 50 km/h (I could adjust this if I wanted to). I actually get to 50 km/h (the local city street maximum speed for cars) with throttle and to 32 km/h with pedal-assist and moderate pedaling effort.
I am very happy with these settings.

Last edited:
Voltage doesn't change, so amperage has to be limited to hit 500W max. Since the amperage is being limited then yes, it will not hit the same peak torque at initial rotation, more like 80Nm or so. (far as I know anyway).

Is it possible to limit the amperage on an e bike with a Bafang motor and display to make it comply with the 500 watt limit in Canada? I've looked at some videos but from what I can see there is only an option on the display to set the speed limit, and no option to limit the amperage or restrict the motors continuous output to 500 watts.

Back