ICE 20 Adventure- Keep Slipping forward in Web Seat

BassPlayer

Region
USA
City
Eugene
Bought a 2018 Ice 20 Adventure trike used recently. From all appearances this is a low mile bike as the tires still have nubs. The former owner had it built and then went onto a 1000W ebike. I myself am going in the opposite direction from a 750 W Surface 604 Quad ebike to a trike. As you might have guessed there’s total knee replacement surgery in my near future.

Took a while to get the boom adjusted so that the knees when drawn up didn’t hurt. Considering going to 152 crank arms but it’s pretty comfortable now. However, I keep slipping down in my seat! There’s very little to hang onto when scooting yourself backwards on trikes (yes I’m aware of the $200 assist arms that can be added).

So what’s up? Need to work on adjusting the boom back a bit? There’s no seat adjustments on the rigid frame either. Get a better seat with some higher friction to secure my seating?

Your thoughts and comments appreciated. BTW, adding a Bafang 750 W motor soon.

I haven't been on here in a while, so here is my late reply. I have the same trike, and had the same issue. If you loosen the lower seat straps a bit, your butt has more of a pocket, and you won't slip nearly as much. I still slip a bit, but every so often, a push on the pedals is enough to scoot me back.

Back