I wish I had found this forum before buying my AddMotor bike.

Your welcome.
As I thought, looks like your problem is a short.

However you have only treated the symptom not the short. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue comes back, or even if it doesn't, I would want to find and fix the actual short. Which means opening the controller and/or the motor for a visual inspection and/or continuity testing.
Agreed. I am just not sure whether I want to disassemble the bike and ship the parts back to AddMotor again and wait a couple of weeks for them to do their "testing" another time. Getting back to the original post, customers should not have to jump through this many hoops to get their malfunctioning bikes fixed.

Agreed. I am just not sure whether I want to disassemble the bike and ship the parts back to AddMotor again and wait a couple of weeks for them to do their "testing" another time. Getting back to the original post, customers should not have to jump through this many hoops to get their malfunctioning bikes fixed.
If you're not able to do the testing yourself, I would send the bike back for a refund or replacement. Don't accept a repair, particularly with the language barrier.

If you're not able to do the testing yourself, I would send the bike back for a refund or replacement. Don't accept a repair, particularly with the language barrier.
I can definitely do the work myself. That is part of my struggle. On one hand, I want them to stand by their product and make it right. On the other hand, it will be quicker and easier to fix it myself. I just don't want to give them an excuse to void the warranty should something else (more expensive to fix) go wrong.

I can definitely do the work myself. That is part of my struggle. On one hand, I want them to stand by their product and make it right. On the other hand, it will be quicker and easier to fix it myself. I just don't want to give them an excuse to void the warranty should something else (more expensive to fix) go wrong.
Yeah I know , we all want it both ways, but in this case do you think it's possible?
Either you're going to have to wait for a replacement or keep the bike and fix it yourself.

BTW there should be no reason opening the motor or controller could even be detected, as long as you don't damage the screws or something.
This is a case of making a decision and acting on it.
Again , if it was me , I'd send it back, who knows what else may have been affected by whatever caused the short. Was the packaging damaged at all?

Something else to consider, if you can't get yourself to return it, you should ask for a price adjustment for the defective product. They probably have to pay for the return shipping so it may be worth it to them, to give you a partial refund.

Yeah I know , we all want it both ways, but in this case do you think it's possible?
Either you're going to have to wait for a replacement or keep the bike and fix it yourself.

BTW there should be no reason opening the motor or controller could even be detected, as long as you don't damage the screws or something.
This is a case of making a decision and acting on it.
Again , if it was me , I'd send it back, who knows what else may have been affected by whatever caused the short. Was the packaging damaged at all?

Something else to consider, if you can't get yourself to return it, you should ask for a price adjustment for the defective product. They probably have to pay for the return shipping so it may be worth it to them, to give you a partial refund.
No, I don't recall any damage to the packaging. But these are all good points. I should probably update my ticket that I have opened with them and see what they say. Again - thank you for the help and advice!

Back