I think my New e-JOE Bike is way faster

ebike888

Region
USA
City
Los Angeles
I just unboxed the e-JOE JADE 750 Comfort Cruiser .It can go up to 34 mph but with me 210 lb easily going 28+ on throttle only . I think its kind of too fast for ebike

My bike will do 28 mph and I fear that it will get me into trouble. I am not used to such a fast bike and things happen so quickly. Not going fast is an option but it is so much fun that it is hard to resist. The 20 mph max version may be a better idea.

I used to run my BBSHD bikes at those speeds. Drivers in cages see a bike and expect bike speeds, in my experience. I sold my 3 fast bikes, 33MPH, and motors in favor of 20MPH Max. Newest build 25MPH capable but programming will limit to 20. But you may be able to downtune and reprogram, depending on your bikes components. No more 52V batteries here either. Big 36v for super mileage. some displays can adjust max speeds.

I just unboxed the e-JOE JADE 750 Comfort Cruiser .It can go up to 34 mph but with me 210 lb easily going 28+ on throttle only . I think its kind of too fast for ebike

So don't go that fast. How fast you go is your call. Your car/pick up will likely go well over 100mph. How often do you do that?

So don't go that fast. How fast you go is your call. Your car/pick up will likely go well over 100mph. How often do you do that?
Most of these threads where riders are complaining their bike is too fast have an agenda ... which is what I'm accused of having frequently when I oppose that they ignore they can just ride as slow as they choose. They want EU like ebike laws where 15 to 20mph is max assist speed to be ridden as a bike and anything faster is considered a motorcycle requiring licence, registration and insurance.

Most likely it wont go 34 at least on level ground although 28mph is doable with 1000w (I did it on my juiced CCX all the time). The power requirements for that speed(34mph) are about double the 750W that bike has. I did get my CCX up to 32mph in race mode once but I was likely putting in over 500w of my own power which didnt last that long.

I have two 52V 1500w ebikes (GMAC Hub motor & BBSHD mid-drive). On level ground they both top out about 32mph at my power limit of 1500w (BBSHD is slightly higher). On even a mild slope, the hub motor goes to 36mph(limited by the 10T winding although the phaserunner field weakening increases max speed from 28mph to 36mph) and the BBSHD has seen 42mph. Note that I am at 5400ft so I can go faster due to less air resistance.

Last edited:
Most of these threads where riders are complaining their bike is too fast have an agenda ...
Yeah, surviving to a ripe old age. Fast bikes with mediocre brakes abound. No one tests braking distances. My 50cc 30 mph Vespa had much more reliable braking. Sadly 4 piston hydraulic are often an expensive upgrade. Not stock. USA riders and drivers have a plethora of imaginary reasons for excessive power. That said I hate regulations but the powerful unregulated fast bikes will bite us all sooner than later. I’ll be dirt napping before it’s spoiled I hope. But with exponential growth will come disasters and the nanny state. I can’t count the BBSHD kits sold at Luna in 1 year and California ebike in 5 years that got mounted on $250 Wallfart junkers has that don’t brake effectively without motors. I recently road a Rad. Stupidly long braking distances. Who here knows how long the distance is of panic stop from 20MPH is? Local MSF course are a good spot for testing.

Last edited:
Most likely it wont go 34 at least on level ground although 28mph is doable with 1000w (I did it on my juiced CCX all the time). The power requirements for that speed(34mph) are about double the 750W that bike has. I did get my CCX up to 32mph in race mode once but I was likely putting in over 500w of my own power which didnt last that long.

I have two 52V 1500w ebikes (GMAC Hub motor & BBSHD mid-drive). On level ground they both top out about 32mph at my power limit of 1500w (BBSHD is slightly higher). On even a mild slope, the hub motor goes to 36mph(limited by the 10T winding although the phaserunner field weakening increases max speed from 28mph to 36mph) and the BBSHD has seen 42mph. Note that I am at 5400ft so I can go faster due to less air resistance.
I get not all will be interested, but just wanted to make a point here.
Regarding the MAC motors, as well as some others, speed potential is about the number of windings. You pick the speed range you plan on by selecting how many turns. On the MAC's for instance, depending on the model, you have you choice of 12t, 10t, 8t, and even 6t. There's a lot more to it, but if you want to go fast and go 6t or 8t, pretty sure 34mph would be an easy target to beat....

Back