I think my battery is ruined

DragNLady

One of my girlfriends borrowed my second E-bike which is a Rad City step thru 3, and she said she accidentally touched the key to the battery port and it sparked. I changed both the fuses in the battery twice and I still can't get the battery to work. When I press the button on the battery it has three green lights to show it is charged but when I put it into my bike and I turn it on, it turns on for about one second and the display goes black, it won't read the battery. Is it ruined now? Or is there something else I can try? Thanks so much.

No idea for sure but it's possible the spark might have melted the contacts on the battery or on the bike or created a carbon film on either or both. You might be able to scrape them clean with a plastic knife or something like that.

TT

One of my girlfriends borrowed my second E-bike which is a Rad City step thru 3, and she said she accidentally touched the key to the battery port and it sparked. I changed both the fuses in the battery twice and I still can't get the battery to work. When I press the button on the battery it has three green lights to show it is charged but when I put it into my bike and I turn it on, it turns on for about one second and the display goes black, it won't read the battery. Is it ruined now? Or is there something else I can try? Thanks so much.
Did she stick the key in the charge port or the terminals where it attaches to the bike? Court has raised the idea in reviews of people accidentally sticking the key into the charge port, so it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. I would think it's the fuse, that's what it's there for. Could it have fried the BMS? I would contact Rad and tell them exactly what happened.

Thanks for your replies, I tried to delete my message but I don't know how. I finally got it working. I disconnected both the connecters on the bike and reconnected them and presto, the bike turned on! I am so happy right now.
Sweet Solution!

Thanks for your replies, I tried to delete my message but I don't know how. I finally got it working. I disconnected both the connecters on the bike and reconnected them and presto, the bike turned on! I am so happy right now.
BMS reset. Good on RAD for decent BMS.

Can someone please tell me how to delete this post so I don't keep getting replies? I don't see anywhere how to delete it or to stop comments. Thank you very much.

Can someone please tell me how to delete this post so I don't keep getting replies? I don't see anywhere how to delete it or to stop comments. Thank you very much.
It’s ok. People search for solutions and find threads that help. Like this one. Someone else may benefit from your success. You can change settings and unfollow.

Top of the page right side big green box, UNWATCH

Back