I have an eBike I want to sell.

Pablo99

I bought an EVELO Orion eBike back in 2015. It's fun to ride but for me it has a couple of drawbacks that I find uncomfortable. First, it has a tall frame. The wheels are 70 mm, which work out to 27.5 inched. Now, I am not short legged, I am 6'8" tall. My tallness is more above the hips than below, so getting on is a challenge. Several times I've conked my shin bone on the battery case frame. leaving me with a bloody leg. Additionally, my seat to handlebar ratio is too steep, leaving me with a sore back and shoulders. Lastly, even though the front fork has dampers, the rear is solid, hard tailed. And, because the tires require 70 PSI, the ride is gruesome on a bumpy road.

The bike has a 250 watt motor and a 48 volt, 14.5 ampHr Lithium Ion battery pack. The motor is mid-ship and drives the chain, It has a UVinchi CVT Transmission with 6 variable (on the fly) Ranges. he controller has FIVE Power Ranges, plus a half-twist throttle. At the time of purchase one could compare it like a Cadillac to a Chevrolet. When I bought it, I paid $2,200.00 for it. It has less than 60 miles on it.

I am wondering what I can get for it, in this day and age?

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Hi Pablo, welcome and sorry that you’re not happy with your bike. There is a section in this forum where you can offer your bike for sale. It’s on the bottom of the forum “items and parts for sale“. Good luck. BTW Pablo, apparently you were never fitted for this bike. I am 5’6” with 27.5” tires but on a small frame from Aventon am I have no problem at all mounting or dismounting. I have a back problem and ride it oftentimes over 20 miles per ride with no problem. I ride in an upright position with swept back handlebars. I think, if you’re serious about this “sport”, then you should take it serious and try before you buy.

Last edited:
I bought an EVELO Orion eBike back in 2015. It's fun to ride but for me it has a couple of drawbacks that I find uncomfortable. First, it has a tall frame. The wheels are 70 mm, which work out to 27.5 inched. Now, I am not short legged, I am 6'8" tall. My tallness is more above the hips than below, so getting on is a challenge. Several times I've conked my shin bone on the battery case frame. leaving me with a bloody leg. Additionally, my seat to handlebar ratio is too steep, leaving me with a sore back and shoulders. Lastly, even though the front fork has dampers, the rear is solid, hard tailed. And, because the tires require 70 PSI, the ride is gruesome on a bumpy road.

The bike has a 250 watt motor and a 48 volt, 14.5 ampHr Lithium Ion battery pack. The motor is mid-ship and drives the chain, It has a UVinchi CVT Transmission with 6 variable (on the fly) Ranges. he controller has FIVE Power Ranges, plus a half-twist throttle. At the time of purchase one could compare it like a Cadillac to a Chevrolet. When I bought it, I paid $2,200.00 for it. It has less than 60 miles on it.

I am wondering what I can get for it, in this day and age?

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Unfortunately you are not going to get much for this bike, regardless of the low miles. Good company but outdated bike. People can buy new, more powerful bikes for half what you paid back than.

The good news is that there are now tons of bikes that would be a blast for you to ride and many for what you paid for your Orion.

Best of luck, but be realistic.

Hi Pablo, welcome and sorry that you’re not happy with your bike. There is a section in this forum where you can offer your bike for sale. It’s on the bottom of the forum “items and parts for sale“. Good luck. BTW Pablo, apparently you were never fitted for this bike. I am 5’6” with 27.5” tires but on a small frame from Aventon am I have no problem at all mounting or dismounting. I have a back problem and ride it oftentimes over 20 miles per ride with no problem. I ride in an upright position with swept back handlebars. I think, if you’re serious about this “sport”, then you should take it serious and try before you buy.
You mention being 'fitted' for a bike. I wish I had done this too. I am finding, after riding my new bike for a week, that there is some issue developing. It started with knee pain, then moved quickly to my lower back, across the outside of the hip bone and into the groin area. These muscles all feel tight, to the point that I am crippling up while walking! I've been looking up bike ergonomics online, which suggest that my knees are too far forward of the crankarm axle, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Deduct the price of a battery. 5 years old makes it a coin toss. I’d never flip a coin for more than $50. It’s and odd motor. 250w 48v?! Odd. It’s a $500 bike.

May I make an interesting comment here: This forum reminds me of another forum titled "QuadCopter Forum". Except for the colors, it'd practically identical in presentation scope and operation. That's not a bad thing though...

As to my bicycle problem, I took it out for a ride last evening. I rode about a block and had to turn around. When I got back home, I got a fiery nerve cramp in my left hand, arm and shoulder. No, it wasn't a heart attack, but it left me doubled over and gasping. I attribute it to the fact that I hadn't rode this bike in two years and I was ill prepared for the pounding I got from the forward leaning handlebars it possesses. Hence, my desire for a new, less aggressively framed bicycle.

I am looking as a RADWAGON 4 from RAD POWER eBIKES. It has 22" rims, a 750 watt in-hub motor, 48 volt, 14 ampHr Lithium Battery, extended fame 7 speed Shimano Derailleur and 5 Power Ranges including a half-twist Throttle. It has 3.3" fat tires and the front fork has 6 " travel Dampeners. On throttle it can cruise 20 MPH. Range 25 to 45 Miles on the Battery. Listed at $1,499.00 MSRP.

Thought's appreciated...

Considering you rode your last ebike an average of less than 12 miles per year and you are unable to ride it more than a block without major pain now, this activity may not be for you.

If it's 2-wheel fun you're seeking without pedaling, there are multiple scooter and motorcycle options that will fit your build more comfortably. You might even find some used options in this same general price range.

Whatever bike you decide on, make sure you test ride it first, lest this problem happens again, regardless how different it might be!

Talk to your Rad dealer. See what he will give you for a trade in. It will likely be less than you could get for it but a lot less hassle.

If it's 2-wheel fun you're seeking without pedaling, there are multiple scooter and motorcycle options that will fit your build more comfortably

Yes, that's possible but you can't ride them in bike lanes or on bike trails. I like the option where I can use the pedals when I need to. scooters and motorcycles don't have that option and some require special licensing and insurance that bicycles don't have.

The thing that bugs me on my Evelo Orion is the way the handlebars are moved forward, making it very uncomfortable to balance, steer and stop. I wish I could get handlebars that are more swept back so I can sit more upright. Any ideas with that?

check with your LBS. and make sure your cables are long enough if you make the change. But no guarantee that will solve your problem.

Back