I hate your ebike...

Attachments

• C0B3E62B-BA0B-4C3B-A7AC-35EA2A8C5430.jpeg
    C0B3E62B-BA0B-4C3B-A7AC-35EA2A8C5430.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 492
I would be curious on how that handles off road AND scared to ask how much it cost! I would think it would ride closer to an unicycle compared to a bicycle.

I would be curious on how that handles off road AND scared to ask how much it cost! I would think it would ride closer to an unicycle compared to a bicycle.

I'm just scared to think what the uni types would do with it off road....

Attachments

• 4B93A701-5C8D-4C0C-81DF-F1BEBEBAA792.jpeg
    4B93A701-5C8D-4C0C-81DF-F1BEBEBAA792.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 475
Thanks for that! My wife and I ride both the carbon fiber, fast, road bikes (in clown suits) and Ebikes (no clown suit). Each bike has a purpose for us. The Ebike is more of a commuter or errand runner and the road bikes are for fun and exercise. They overlap of course. I was passed by three "club riders" doing 23 mph the other day. I had two more levels of assist left so I kicked it into "Turbo" and smoked them. They looked none too happy at being passed by two seniors, riding, what appeared to be MTB bikes. I thought my wife would be pissed but there she was, right behind me with a big smile on her face. Oh the joy!

Dogging cars and picking off roadies....I only do these things under the interest of maintaining the speed/momentum that I am trying to achieve at the time. It’s pretty obvious that I’m on an eBike wearing dickhider shorts and flip flops and I have no problem with that. If others do, I don’t have a problem with them.

When our pace is close enough I will offer to take a pull however and that has been fun a few times, as well as appreciated. Motor pacing after all is a training tool of long standing.

I actually ran into this situation just today on my CCX. I was cruising along at around 14mph on the bike path enjoying the sunshine down here in Southern California for the first time in a few days after some storms and a roadie road along me and said "must be nice cheating like that!". I told him "Hey buddy, I run seven miles every day on this same path and here you are sitting on your bike. How can you exercise if you're sitting down? YOU'RE cheating. Get off that bike and start running!" He looked at me like I was crazy and took off. I was thinking about just popping into Assist 3 and burying him but I didn't want to alter my ride for him.

I pretty much dislike any unsolicited "advice" or commentary when I'm minding my own business. I used to ride a couple hundred miles a week on my road bike and I'd take very slow recovery rides on my beach cruiser. We're talking 5mph stuff in flip-flops and shorts without a shirt. I had an older gentleman on a road bike pull up to me and lecture me about me having no helmet. I always ride with one when I ride on the road but I run faster than I ride this cruiser bike. I understood all his points about somebody crashing into me, having the wheels slip out on me, his friend that was on a cruiser bike and is still in the hospital from a fall without a helmet, etc. I asked him if anything I was doing was illegal. He said no. I said "thank you for your unsolicited advice" and he was on his way.

Great read. I just started riding an e-bike and was oblivious to the disdain that some had toward them. At nearly 67 years old a regular bike is out of my league. I wonder if the anti-e -bikers are really just concerned about sharing their turf with some old folks?

Great read. I just started riding an e-bike and was oblivious to the disdain that some had toward them. At nearly 67 years old a regular bike is out of my league. I wonder if the anti-e -bikers are really just concerned about sharing their turf with some old folks?
I'm 58 with a right knee replacement, So piss on 'em !! Hecklers can enjoy my Hell lol !! ??

I've been ebiking for a couple of weeks shy of a year now. I did get a few "cheater" comments from road bikers in those first months, but in the last six months .... almost nothing. About a month ago, a road biker who I was stopped alongside of told me I should have stopped to her left and not to her right (???? made no sense. I was going to be turning right), and she said "my friend was hit by an ebike and is in the hospital." Okay ... um, thanks for sharing? Anyway, her behavior toward me showed that she clearly held negative views of ebikes. But, I think more and more road bikers are, um, actually buying ebikes so they can cycle even more often. Things will only get better, I think!

I've been ebiking for a couple of weeks shy of a year now. I did get a few "cheater" comments from road bikers in those first months, but in the last six months .... almost nothing. About a month ago, a road biker who I was stopped alongside of told me I should have stopped to her left and not to her right (???? made no sense. I was going to be turning right), and she said "my friend was hit by an ebike and is in the hospital." Okay ... um, thanks for sharing? Anyway, her behavior toward me showed that she clearly held negative views of ebikes. But, I think more and more road bikers are, um, actually buying ebikes so they can cycle even more often. Things will only get better, I think!
Jealousy always seems to rear it's head, sooner or later. ?

Funny that- I’ve been riding my ebike for a couple of months now, and the male road bikers that I’ve run into (some are my neighbors) have been friendly and supportive, if slightly bossy. It’s other women bikers who haven’t been friendly. Not sure why.

That was great! I am new to the ebike world so I don't understand that people call them cheating? Isn't it nice that someone who wouldn't go biking for one reason or another can now go. I never thought that I might be riding and get negative comments about riding an ebike.

That was great! I am new to the ebike world so I don't understand that people call them cheating? Isn't it nice that someone who wouldn't go biking for one reason or another can now go. I never thought that I might be riding and get negative comments about riding an ebike.
I'm guessing that road bikers are just pissed that they have been working so hard to improve their time and show their competitive friends how good they are, and here you come along and pass them like they were standing still without breaking a sweat... lol :)

An excellent, well written article. Thanks for posting!

The only points missing are:
E-bikes are reducing the air pollution which we all need and love.
We don't need more old & crippled people on e-bikes clogging our bike trails.

I'm guessing that road bikers are just pissed that they have been working so hard to improve their time and show their competitive friends how good they are, and here you come along and pass them like they were standing still without breaking a sweat... lol :)
That is/was THEIR choice! Mine is to ride an eBike. Simple!

Back