Hydraulic Brakes On Lectric XP?

Really??? The reason they say that and every other company is to prevent getting sued or blamed for something that may or may not have been the fault of the ebike... ie someone getting on their bike right out of the box without first checking it to make sure every thing Is working correctly. Even though it clearly says to in the manual...For example going down a hill and not being able to stop and hitting something. The first thing that person is going to do is sue the ebike company..Common sense dictates that if your not capable to check your own bike to make sure everything is working correctly and can’t be bothered to learn or are unable then by all means take it to the LBS. You pay them to adjust your brakes and then can’t stop your going to sue the LBS not Lectric...Makes sense... It’s no different than when you by a new car. If you look at the bill you pay for a preinspection to make sure everything is ok. It’s $350 to $1200 for this. Lectric keeps the price down so you don’t get this. This forum provides great information particiularly if you use the search button on how to fix adjust or get info for these bikes. A great number on this forum have learned how to work on there own ebikes after never really working on anything before. I and others would suggest unless you truly are incapable or not interested. Then learn how to adjust your own bike. Your LBS isn’t alway there when something goes astray. These bikes are easy to work on..The Local bike store charges you for something that most can do easily at home. Not only that you can feel the satisfaction of being able to maintain your ebike instead of paying the LBS...For most isn’t that why we bought the bike to begin with? Instead of paying the far higher prices from the LBS..There are a lot of you tube channels that are very helpful ...not just to get clicks...
Well said 💪🏽

Really??? The reason they say that and every other company is to prevent getting sued or blamed for something that may or may not have been the fault of the ebike... ie someone getting on their bike right out of the box without first checking it to make sure every thing Is working correctly. Even though it clearly says to in the manual...For example going down a hill and not being able to stop and hitting something. The first thing that person is going to do is sue the ebike company..Common sense dictates that if your not capable to check your own bike to make sure everything is working correctly and can’t be bothered to learn or are unable then by all means take it to the LBS. You pay them to adjust your brakes and then can’t stop your going to sue the LBS not Lectric...Makes sense... It’s no different than when you by a new car. If you look at the bill you pay for a preinspection to make sure everything is ok. It’s $350 to $1200 for this. Lectric keeps the price down so you don’t get this. This forum provides great information particiularly if you use the search button on how to fix adjust or get info for these bikes. A great number on this forum have learned how to work on there own ebikes after never really working on anything before. I and others would suggest unless you truly are incapable or not interested. Then learn how to adjust your own bike. Your LBS isn’t alway there when something goes astray. These bikes are easy to work on..The Local bike store charges you for something that most can do easily at home. Not only that you can feel the satisfaction of being able to maintain your ebike instead of paying the LBS...For most isn’t that why we bought the bike to begin with? Instead of paying the far higher prices from the LBS..There are a lot of you tube channels that are very helpful ...not just to get clicks...
👍

Thanks, soccerref80. Did you buy the $24.00 hydraulic calipers from Amazon? Was the installation as simple as the YouTube video made it look?
No I purchased mine direct from Ali Express just over $40.00 for front and rears. Install was simple no modifications.used the same mounts from the old brakes not the ones on the kit

Even better! I just got an email that my XP nonST should arrive Monday!!
If I had to do it again I would also add 180 rotors as the pads do not fully seat on the 160's. Better contact also means better stops. Still may do that but I hate pulling down the wheels

I just got an account on Ali Express and think I found the calipers. I recognized the nomenclature "ZOOM HB-100 MTB" and figured that was what you got. Today's price appears to be $28.50. About 180 mm rotors, I wasn't aware that was an option. Youtube, here I come!

I just got an account on Ali Express and think I found the calipers. I recognized the nomenclature "ZOOM HB-100 MTB" and figured that was what you got. Today's price appears to be $28.50. About 180 mm rotors, I wasn't aware that was an option. Youtube, here I come!
Yes that is what I purchased. Took a month to arrive. Yes do the 180's at the same time. Do not take the entire old brakes off, leave the mounting brackets in place, also I removed the wire caps and bought replacements to use after pulling the cables.

Back